Abaddon the Despoiler

khurdur

well, I've been thinking....

who could take Abby in a straight fight?

He'll take marneus, he'll kill Draigo as he's neither a daemon or a psyker, he'll kill mephiston, perhaps only the sanguinor will kill him,

and only because of his re-rolls. At S8, he instadeaths both nobs and paladins....he's a mean killing machine with between 6-10 attacks !

What do you think? is he greatest killing machine or not?

At my lgs a while ago we had a "hero's battle" basically pick your special character and duke it out, no charge bonuses just as if locked in combat... I watched Abbadon take down every enemy model placed against him, the only model that went into round 2 of combat was a Karos because of the re-rolls he got. Abbys biggest advantage after the number of attacks was his speed at I6 he goes before most other units and at ws7 most things need a 4+ just to hit. So yes Abby is a beast in CC.... but shoot the crap outta him and he dies like anything else.

its a moot question...in an unfair fight, abaddon vs another character, no things like cover and needing a LR to reach them...just sheer close combat badassedness.

The only one I can think of that can beat him would be Ghazkull with his "green magic" turned on.....Abby's large amount of attacks....at high strength and the rest of his high characteristics ought to allow him beat most SCs.

a LR dude not changing foc without any special rules in an army which doesnt realy have transports for him . try to charge him anything which sits in cover and you will see.

This. The lack of grenades really hurts him, and his daemon weapon hurts him. Just like a lot of things in this Codex, if it works at all it works really well, but there's no guarantee it will work at all.

its a moot question...in an unfair fight, abaddon vs another character, no things like cover and needing a LR to reach them...just sheer close combat badassedness.

The only one I can think of that can beat him would be Ghazkull with his "green magic" turned on.....Abby's large amount of attacks....at high strength and the rest of his high characteristics ought to allow him beat most SCs.

draigo has wounds him the same +2 with hammer , has +3inv and same eternal and the same 4w.

a SW lord on a TWC is the same only with one less wound [str 5 re-roll for claw , ss for +3inv , saga for eternal].

Draigo doesn't have a hammer :o

Personally I think Draigo is one of the toughest IC's, while abaddon is one of the most hitty IC's (as long as you roll well on his daemon weapon). My local gw did a battle of IC's and Draigo won it. But its all down to dice rolls.

Draigo has only 4 S5 attacks, (S6 with hammerhand), and 4 wounds, and a storm shield. If we regard abaddons average roll for his daemon weap as 4, he will roll 8 attacks, 4 hits, and wounds with his re-roll due to his lightning claw. That should inflict 1 to 2 wounds on draigo. draigo will only roll 2 hits, around one wound and has to face a 4++ invul. And abby always swings first. he ought to win.

The sanguinor will drop him, though. 6 S6 attacks at WS8 (ouch !) re-rolling everything, will kill him two turns.

A SW lord is tough, but abby ought to take him.

Draigo doesn't have a hammer :D

Personally I think Draigo is one of the toughest IC's, while abaddon is one of the most hitty IC's (as long as you roll well on his daemon weapon). My local gw did a battle of IC's and Draigo won it. But its all down to dice rolls.

he can cast hammer hand he is str 6 then and wounds on +2.

he'll kill mephiston

Tried to do this duel with my brother, 10:0 for Mephiston.

That really surprises me. Abaddon should win vs Mephiston fairly easily.

I'm not so sure, given Mephy's high initiative? dont have the book in front of me at the moment.

he'll kill mephiston

I'm not so sure, given Mephy's high initiative? dont have the book in front of me at the moment.

Meph hits first but even assuming Abaddon fails his Ld test for Transfixing Gaze, Meph only does 3.75 wounds, half of which are saved for 1.875 unsaved wounds. Abaddon does 3.75 wounds on average with no save = Meph dead in 2 turns but could easily die first turn if Abaddon gets the charge and rolls well for his daemon weapon attacks.

Only thing that would save Meph would be Abaddon rolling a 1 every turn for his daemon weapon. For Meph to win 10 times in a row suggests that either the dice were very freaky or someone was doing something wrong.

he'll kill mephiston

Meph hits first but even assuming Abaddon fails his Ld test for Transfixing Gaze, Meph only does 3.75 wounds, half of which are saved for 1.875 unsaved wounds. Abaddon does 3.75 wounds on average with no save = Meph dead in 2 turns but could easily die first turn if Abaddon gets the charge and rolls well for his daemon weapon attacks.

Only thing that would save Meph would be Abaddon rolling a 1 every turn for his daemon weapon. For Meph to win 10 times in a row suggests that either the dice were very freaky or someone was doing something wrong.

Don't forget Meph can buff himself with his psychic powers too.

Still, I'd have to agree that statistically Meph should've lost some of those matches. Abaddon's 4+ invulnerable save and/or Daemon Weapon attacks should've made a difference at some point.

Don't forget Meph can buff himself with his psychic powers too.

Still, I'd have to agree that statistically Meph should've lost some of those matches. Abaddon's 4+ invulnerable save and/or Daemon Weapon attacks should've made a difference at some point.

That was including the buffs. Without those he does even worse as he only wounds on a 3+ rather than a 2+. Abaddon is one of the few characters in 40k that Meph doesn't :cusspwn in assault.

Archived