Its Christmas Time!

swantoon

So as we all know, Christmas time is right around the corner. As a gift to myself, I'm headed to my local shop to buy something to help bolster my army. I don't have a lot of BAs. So my questions are, (1) What should I get to start up/ continue to beef up my army and (2) What do you want for Christmas?

Welcome to the forum!!

I personaly would buy a battle force to start with.Comes with 10 tactical 5 assault 5 death company and a rino to boot!

Play with it a while see what you like and do not like!

I know its costly but its soo worth it! :)

Welcome to the forum indeed!

I'd also suggest the Battleforce or maybe a Furioso (which makes a great centrepiece, a wonderful paint/convert opportunity and which gives you Blood Angel bitz to spread around your force. I'd recommend the Death Company for the same reasons).

I don't really celebrate Christmas with presents and all, over here (The Netherlands) we have a quite similiar holiday called 'Sinterklaas' on the 5th of December... It involves an old guy on a white horse, coming from Spain to put presents in the shoes of children at night... Appearantly 'Santa Claus' (Sinter Klaas) was brought back by American soldiers from WWII....

Back on topic: I'm going after a Furioso and a box of Assault Marines myself ;)

I second the welcome.

Personally for myself I ask my fiance to get me one of the mega force sets, either the space marine one or the dark eldar. A big set like that will have me painting for a good long time. I also agree with Wicks about getting the BA battle force. The other good option is the BA dreadnought, since they are a key thing in most BA armies. Or a Stormraven or a Baal predator are also good picks.

Its hard to make recommendations as to what to buy without knowing what you already have and the style of the army.

Death Company boxes are nice for just about any BA player, work well in both jumpy and mech or hybrid lists and can be used to make pretty much any power armored BA infantry.

As for my Christmas list, I'll be good this year (considering I just spent money on a Bolter and Chainsword figure bag and foam for it, I've already bought my Christmas present)

1) DC box or Storm Raven. I ahve bought two DC boxes and you can BA anything after that. The BA Force is also a good set.

2) I want a ______ have no idea , maybe another Storm Raven but we will see.

Good luck

1) DC box or Storm Raven. I ahve bought two DC boxes and you can BA anything after that. The BA Force is also a good set.

2) I want a ______ have no idea , maybe another Storm Raven but we will see.

Good luck

It depends on your price range and army direction really. If you're looking for just a box of guys I would go with either the Sanguinary Guard or Death Company boxes. Both are beautiful kits that can be used for plenty of BA goodness. If you're looking for something more in the $40-$70 range a dreadnought or Land Raider or Storm Raven can make wonderful army center pieces. Obviously if you are going more expensive than that I'd get the battle force box. You can make many different units out of the sprues they provide and it's the best bang for buck. You can also use the tactical marines bodies to make more assault marines with the DC jump packs provided. Then you could buy a box of devastators and put all the spare heavy weapons they give you on the remaining five tacs and have two devastator squads.

As for me I'm getting some standard assault marine boxes to continue my armies growth. I'm more excited about the hot wire foam cutter I'm getting though so I can start making nifty terrain for my table.

Archived