Salamanders in 5th ed?

ArmageddonBorn

Sadly the Salamanders no longer have their own list (that Armageddon list was my first army!). Just Codex Space Marines, and can use Vulkan character to get access to Salamander's Chapter Tactics.

yeah I was hoping that an official army list had appeared in white dwarf or something at some time but I guess not. I suppose the options in the SM codex are better than nothing. Too bad that you have to take Vulkan to be playing Salamanders though.

I was part of the horde of players building templar armies back during Armageddon many moons ago. It seems the both Salamanders and Templar had their lists published in the Armageddon codex, and both had chapter specific plastic kits. I wonder why the Black Templars had staying power but the Salamanders did not?

-AB

Too bad that you have to take Vulkan to be playing Salamanders though.

This isn't quite true. There are many Salamander lists out there that don't use Vulkan in their lists. Rather to be playing Sallies you need them painted in their paint scheme and mostly follow fluff composition, but do what you want really :).

Archived