Iron Hands Venerable Dreadnought

I really need a Venerable Dreadnought, I've recently purchased a regular Dreadnought box for this reason. (I decided not to go with the Venerable Dreadnought box because I'm going for a look with all of my models, that is a robotic as possible, and to me, I space marine head in a dreadnought body is not robotic enough, I feel a sarcophagus is better)

Since this model is going to be sort of a centerpiece for my army, I want it to look really unique. I looked around the internet, and found little to no inspiration, Bannus has a neat eye/lens on his dread that I'm going to replicate somewhat, but I'm looking for more, something beyond adding little pieces of gear and guitar wire here and there.

So, what idea's do you all have? What would you like to see?

Here's what I did for my own venerable dread for my IH's

http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/ee354/SteffenSJensen/Mighty%20Reaver/IHvenedread.jpg

http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/ee354/SteffenSJensen/Mighty%20Reaver/DSCN0529.jpg

It's still a painting in process, but it illustrates what I did well, and it's based on the chaos dread :D

@ Andyzzzore: That's what I'm talking about, I somehow missed that in my google searches, maybe its new. Plenty of idea's on that one, the TLLC on the shoulders is a nice touch.

@ ramora/olisredan: Good idea, thats a huge thread, I'll check it out more when I have more time.

@ deathnid: Anything different than what you regularly see, provides inspiration, for instance the dread with the heavy flamer in his hand and lascannons on top has given me a few conversion idea's regarding weapon placement, however I'm wondering if I can make those idea's work and still retain my goal of dehumanizing the dread.

@ thedamned: I recognize the chaos dread, but how did you do the hand? Is that also from the chaos dread sprue?

Archived