Maverike Primes Conversion challenge #7

maverike_prime

Eh.. I think the main problem with this challenge was really when it was set.. I mean, I don't know about everyone else, but I got really sick during christmas so I had zero motivation to do anything (last time I eat my mothers cooking)

I actually have the model done if anyone's still interested, but most of this challenge really seemed to be the writing - something I already finished - the model himself is based years later when the guy is a captain, instead of the scout i wrote about.

I made the model quickly, then said to myself, "I've got plenty of time to get the story written", and immediately got so involved in holiday stuff that I forgot. When I was going out the door for New Year's I actually stopped and thought about it, but I thought I had until midnight the next day (not noon).

But such is life.

Was a winner announced in another thread and I just missed it?

Hey all, I know it's been a while. I have not forgotten about the competition. Just had a major conglomeration of big problems at work and in the family. I've literally been working in one form another about 16-20 hours a day for the last 12 days. I haven't forgotten about this, I am trying to review the entries. I knew the quality and the quantity of entries was going to make this a long process. Of course that was when I could count on having like 4-6 hours a day that I could count on to have for myself.

As much as some people don't like to admit this, Real Life comes first. Always should.

You take care of the big rocks and we'll keep the shop open while you're gone.

Cheers,

The sand burned his skin, the palms of his hands already burned beyond any longer feeling the heat of the desert. The sun beamed down on his ravaged and torn backside, baking what was not already burned. His mouth was dry as were his eyes, making vision difficult and breathing harsh. But still he pushed on, drawing power from his will alone. His honor was at stake now, and for a man of his caliber honor was more then his life.

Suddenly the sand beneath his right hand collapsed, a void below unable to hold his weight, and he found his face buried in the burning sand a moment later. In a moment of cold desperation, he brought his other hand to his side to search for something. The dark satchel hung as his hip, still clipped to his belt and still contained the source of his mission. Has his hand hit the satchel he felt it shake, a metallic jingle heard in response. From that simple act he drew a measure of motivation and stamina. He withdrew his hand from the depression in the sand, planted upon a firm section and pushed.

Bringing his body up, he forced himself on through the burning heat and searing light. The thought of completing his mission all that powered him on.

I know it's been a while, as I said it's been a helluva time. But I've finished the judging. Let me just say: HOLY <_< ! of the 6 challenges I have judged this one was the biggest doozie. Though in the future I think I'm going to make it a requirement that submissions just flat out not be painted. There were several really well painted entries but I was hard pressed to spot anything more substantial then a head swap, and I feel really mean saying that. You guys submitted some great miniatures that were this a challenge one that looks at painting they would been top contenders for the painting alone.

But I had the task of pairing all the entries down to a single winner (I feel like I should be getting an award just for that this time around!) so I had to really scrub it down and compare the stories to the models submitted. Sorry for those of you who didn't get a chance to finish and submit your models. And I know you guys were trying that got a model in but not a story (How did you manage that anyway?) but on the brighter side that did make my job a little easier to do since I meant I could ignore those entries. That being said, it was still one heck of a challenge to pick a winner. But I finally did:

Congrats Skoll!

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a316/maverike_prime/Warhammer/7th_cc.jpg

I suggest that if you wish to use the winners banner in your signature that you download it and host it in your B&C gallery.

Hah, just saw this.

Congrats Skoll and thanx MP for running the contest. It was a very interesting challenge and a good test. I thought the entries were pretty amazing and I love seeing what other people were thinking when they put their creations together (i.e. the stories).

Bravo, everyone, well played!

Cheers,

Archived