Terminator Captain with a Command Squad?

Captain Artemis

Yeah, the IC rules on page 48 say you can attach an IC to any unit that isn't a vehicle or an always one model unit. However, the Jump infantry wouldn't get the boosted movement speed from their jump packs as long as a Terminator IC is attached; units move at the speed of the slowest model.

[nitpick]There is no Command Squad in C:BA. The Unit you are most likely talking about is the Honour Guard.[/nitpick]

you could of course run them independant of each other, maybe have the captain attach to some termies and have the command squad go with a priest with JP
Why would you do that? The Honour Guard already has a Priest included. Better put a Librarian or Chaplain there.

you could of course run them independant of each other, maybe have the captain attach to some termies and have the command squad go with a priest with JP
Why would you do that? The Honour Guard already has a Priest included. Better put a Librarian or Chaplain there.

didnt realise they had a priest but then ive neevr sen this unit from across the table yet..

but yes as you say the other two options are good

Since when can BA Terminators use teleportation for movement on the battlefield? They can only Deep Strike. The Captain could of course deep strike with them, but the whole squad would not profit form DoA.

I thought Terminators ALLWAYS could move up to 12", representing them teleporting short distances? That'ts what I read about Terminator Armour.

Or was that only 4th Edition? :/

Or do you mean that I have been following a bogus rule for all my 5 years of 40k? x.x

I thought Terminators ALLWAYS could move up to 12", representing them teleporting short distances? That'ts what I read about Terminator Armour.

Or do you mean that I have been following a bogus rule for all my 5 years of 40k? x.x

As far as I can recall, and I've been playing 40k since before Terminators even existed, they have never been able to teleport whilst on the battlefield. They can arrive by teleport but that's about it!

they could teleport back off the board back in 2nd ed...
Why would you want to do that? Weren't they considered causualties, when they leave the board?

Possibly something along the lines of the Mawloc's current back-into-reserve ability?

EDIT: Repeated myself.

Where did you read that? It is not in the 4th edition space marine codex, or the 5th edition codex or the basic rule book. The only teleporting terminators do is with deepstriking.

The current Grey Knights have a weird "jump" ability that a few units can use, but that has nothing to do with other marines or even Terminator armor.

There is also the Librarian power called Gate of Infinity, I suppose. Again, nothing to do with terminator armor.

I wouldn't put a terminator armored guy with Jump infantry as it would slow down your jump infantry to 6". You want them to stay mobile.

Why would you want to do that? Weren't they considered causualties, when they leave the board?

Possibly something along the lines of the Mawloc's current back-into-reserve ability?

No, It was a 1-way deal. they could teleport down, and if you so chose, teleport away again during a later movement phase. I suppose there might be the occasional mission where off the board didnt could as killed...

Can you quote source? I just double checked my own 2nd ed books, while TDA came with teleport homers that is really the only mention I can find in regards to the ability to teleport in any book.

No, It was a 1-way deal. they could teleport down, and if you so chose, teleport away again during a later movement phase. I suppose there might be the occasional mission where off the board didnt could as killed...

Even in the current edition you may run across a mission (I believe there is one in the Battle Missions book) where the objective of 1 side is to get off the table. Basically units that 'escape' do not give up KPs but those still on the table at end of the game do.

You don't happen to live/game in New Hampshire, do you?

I ran into a club down there who insisted Terminators moved 12" and had Feel No Pain on a 2+.

One self-confident individual who'd taught the rest of his group to play had seriously messe dup their concept of the game. Funny how that happens. :lol:

Archived