Shooting out of assaults

Karsekov

Strange situation developed in a game I played today that I wasn't sure what the intent of the rules would be.

I had a single grey hunter (the sole survivor of a squad) locked in combat with two ork helicopter things when during my shooting phase my vindicator fired at a nearby squad and scattered to hit and kill the two helicopters leaving my single grey hunter no longer in combat. Now, is my grey hunter entitled to shoot at a squad of 2 orks who survived the demolisher cannon round? Further, is my grey hunter allowed to assault the said unit as it was within charge range?

I would say :

is my grey hunter entitled to shoot at a squad of 2 orks who survived the demolisher cannon round?

Yes, and

is my grey hunter allowed to assault the said unit as it was within charge range?

yes.

Thanks guys, that's pretty much how we played it, but weren't sure if we had interpreted it correctly. We came to that conclusion after, you know, spending a couple minutes just sort of umming and ahhing about just how flukey the situation was. And what the intent of the rules were.

Archived