Chaos Dreadknight

Redemption2994

I caught wind of alot of people planning to use the Grey Knight Nemesis Dreadknight Kit as a conversion basis for a Chaos Soulgrinder/Defiler back around GK Release. I fell in love with the idea as soon as I heard it, and I saw picture of a Dreadknight someone made using the Legplates from the Soulgrinder/Defiler Kit and the sword as well. I was wondering if anyone else has attempted a similar project? I'm most likely going to wait until Christmas to fund the project, but in the meantime. Does anyone have an good ideas, pictures, or anything else they'd like to throw in the ring? I'm planning something mildly Khornate, but something that could hopefully work for any CSM Army. (The Guy I play with said he'd be fine with letting me run it as a C:GK Dreadknight in our games, but elsewhere it could easily run as a Defiler/Soulgrinder.)

So far my Project Wishlist stands as:

Soulgrinder Kit (or Defiler Kit, could salvage bits from my last one.)

Nemesis Dreadknight Kit

Some Concepts I've fleshed out are:

For the Sword, I'm thinking of mounting it in a similar manner that the Guns are mounted on the GK Dreadknight like a type of wristblade.

For a Gatling Psilencer, the Harvester Piece on the offhand would work.

Heavy Flamer or Psycannon could be shouldermounted in a manner that the Cyclone Missiles are for SM Termies. (Might find a way to swap weapons for the Defiler bits as well. Lascannons, Autocannon etc)

For the Pilot, I saw a variety of good choices, I've seen covered up Pilots using Plasticard as a makeshift chassis, I've seen a Bloodletter Pilot, and the Terminator Lord kit could possibly make for a decent pilot. (I happen to have an unopened one around here somewhere.)

Any other ideas or comments would be well appreciated as well. :P

Edit: Hope this is fine being in the WIP section without having started said project. Also,

I was gonna hotlink this, but I saw somewhere that GW does not like people to do that, so here's the link to their blog, they show one of the staff with his conversion.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/...p?aId=17700002a

Having looked at the link, I'm not a fan of a 'Bloodletter Pilot'. To me it'd make more sense to have an enclosed cockpit where the daemon would be bound to the machine (to stop it from escaping whenever it liked and doing whatever it wanted), but that's just my opinion.

How about a possessed individual (marine or otherwise) being the pilot? You could staple him in then. :D

Having looked at the link, I'm not a fan of a 'Bloodletter Pilot'. To me it'd make more sense to have an enclosed cockpit where the daemon would be bound to the machine (to stop it from escaping whenever it liked and doing whatever it wanted), but that's just my opinion.

How about a possessed individual (marine or otherwise) being the pilot? You could staple him in then. :D

Actually, thats not a bad idea. ^_^ I haven't fielded my possessed in an age, I'll have to keep that in mind when I order the stuff in. I was kind of leaning toward the daemon bound machine idea myself.

This idea has been done by many and I'm not saying to not do it but to think of something unique. What if you put a container on the pilot section and have some sort of brain inside of it with tubes sticking out of it. That would be pretty nasty and make it a living entity.

Archived