Leman Russ

Wulf Vengis

His head, torso, cloak and the wolf heads on the back are good.

The spiky sword does not belong. Did he steal that from Abaddon? Ditto for the tiny yellow bolt pistol. It is inappropriately small for him, certainly because he's meant to be larger than life. It looks like a child's pew pew gun.

Finally, his lower body and his pose are probably the worst part of him. He has no thighs to speak of, and squeezes his legs together like a teenage girl who's about to get felt up. And those massive clown shoes are hideous, both in shape and in color.

So, in short: give him an ax, throw away that squirtgun, and redo the lower body from scratch.

This is the Ronin miniatures Odin knight that a friend got me last christmas. The sword and bolt pistol are all part of the original model. Ive got another one of these another friend got me last christmas as well. Ive got the old GW Leman Russ lying around on my table waiting for me to buy primer. I think Ill go back and take the red off the feet and hit it with the grey while Ive still got some in the bottle. If I build the second one Ill see what I can do to change up the sword and pistol. The legs are unfortunately part of the single piece body.

Good model. Subpar paintwork. It could be flash from the camera (there's a few tutorials on good photo taking, mate :P ) but I think it's the classic 'one coat-blob on the Skull White spray' syndrome. But I could be wrong. That being said, a wash here or there, like on the face and the loinfur with some appropriate highlighting could have made the model look better. I'll also agree that Russ' blade looks a little out of place. Have you ever tried working with card? Think of it this way: you're an epic blacksmith forging the most unique and fear-inducing blade you can think would have the privilege of being wielded by the Great Wolf.

Archived