Lemartes

Codicer_Cahill

I recently added a scratch built Lemartes to my DC, and thus far he has proved a CC monster! Two weeks ago he slew an Avatar in CC, last week he slew Wraithlord and blew up a Necron Barge all by himself. I will admit with the Avatar to lucky rolls (4 wounds from 5 hits) and unlucky rolls (my opp failed all four invuls). I can't see not taking this guy ever! Has anyone else had similar success with Lem?

Lemartes is extremely powerful when used properly, especially with good wound allocation on the death company. Because he can't really be hit he's there for the long haul. The only real downside to lemartes is that to be fielded effectively in this codex he also requires you to take a stormraven, which can get pricey and tends to make your list a bit lopsided tactically. Stormravens tend to make for very aggressive list play styles so lemartes is tough to take in a list that you'd prefer to have a lot more tactics in.

The reason this isn't the case with the normal DC is you can hide them in a rhino and present other threats/shield them waiting for a good moment to unleash them. The Stormraven gets no such luxury.

I've had luck running him in a large DC blob with (gasp!) jump packs. As for the jump packs people will tell you that they are overpriced, maybe they are. I find that the more of them you take the better they get since having a large unit and good movement will let you negate a lot of the negative effects of rage. Much harder kiting a 10 or 20 man unit compared to a 5 man.

A transport might give you better control of the initial placement but after that the 6" movement really hurt their usefulness.

I've only ever had good experiences with the guy. I've had him ragemode into a 6-base squad of ripper swarms and instant death them all in a single round. He's killed an entire squad of incubi. He's smacked down a hive tyrant. Although he does usually die, he always leaves a mark. And when he's at his best, it's a beautiful thing.

After losing that one wound, he's death incarnate. I mean, 7 attacks at high strength and initiative, re-rolling both to hit and to wound is so awesome it will rip your jaw off!

Literally.

Always always go for Lemmy if you consider to field DC. A normal Reclusiarch/Chaplain is nice, but the benefits of this bad boy are just too good.

Snorri

After losing that one wound, he's death incarnate. I mean, 7 attacks at high strength and initiative, re-rolling both to hit and to wound is so awesome it will rip your jaw off!

Literally.

Always always go for Lemmy if you consider to field DC. A normal Reclusiarch/Chaplain is nice, but the benefits of this bad boy are just too good.

Snorri

I thought he only gets 5 attacks. I read that the 'dex said that his S and A increase to 5. So you only get 3 more attacks. Am I wrong?

Literally.

Snorri

I thought he only gets 5 attacks. I read that the 'dex said that his S and A increase to 5. So you only get 3 more attacks. Am I wrong?

No, you are not. However, those are only the base attacks in the profile. You add +1 for two cc weapons and +1 for charge in my example, that's why I listed the re-rolls from the Litanies of Blood and gave a hint to FC giving Lemartes +1 strenght. Oh, and he also has init 7. :)

Snorri

I think even Chuck Norris is a little hesitant to tangle with Lemartes! ^_^

Bear in mind that no one has ever seen Norris and Lemartes in the same room together. Think about it.

Lemartes has been a staple in my list, in ragemode hitting on 3's, wounding on 3's with rerolls on both is incredible, I think the best Ive done with him is murder 5 purifiers in one round of combat, then tear apart the paladins that came after him (Oh, you're only I6 with a halberd? Poor baby...).

Marty is my favorite Blood Angel unit, bar none.

7 - strength 6 re-roll hit and wound power weapon - attacks on the charge. for 150 points. He's incomparable in any army.

Last time I brought him, he and 3 DC friends (with JP's) killed Logan and his termie squad without taking a wound.

when people complain about things being broken, I think about Lemartes.

Marty is my favorite Blood Angel unit, bar none.

7 - strength 6 re-roll hit and wound power weapon - attacks on the charge. for 150 points. He's incomparable in any army.

Last time I brought him, he and 3 DC friends (with JP's) killed Logan and his termie squad without taking a wound.

when people complain about things being broken, I think about Lemartes.

;) The only thing broken about Lemartes in that case was Logan's arse!!! :P

I am ashamed to say that the single, solitary time I played my "superfriends" list: Tycho w/HG, Astorath w/5 JP DC and Lemartes w/5 JP DC, I didn't get a chance to see Lemartes' Fury Unbound because they so effortlessly wiped the board of a Dark Eldar invasion on my Knights of Blood's homeworld. After that beatdown, my 'fellowship' disallowed SCs, so they sit in stasis awaiting their next chance to cast asunder the enemies of the imperium, or at least my living room. ;)

Archived