Adeptus Astartes

Zynk Kaladin

--== EDITED THE FIRST PIC, see below ==--

Well, I'm at it again... horribly messing up the image of adeptus astartes with my artwork. Slowly but surly I am getting better at space marine proportions, but I still can't get some things right. Perhaps if finals aren't so bad ("perhaps" means they will be for electrical engineers like myself) I can actually finish a picture for once.

Things to work on:

1) The arms are waay too skinny. I need to bulk them up a bit.

2) The hands... don't even get me started on those. I suck at hands. I'm trying to make the fingers pointier than a normal marine's gauntlet for rule of cool purposes but I'm terrible with hands.

2) The torso I just can't right... and the chest aquilla and gem needs work.

3) The cape was put on real quick to get a feel for it. Obviously, it needs work.

4) That stupid aquilla on the backpack looks like poo...

Things I like:

1) The helmet. I finally got a cool looking helmet to match the proportions of a marine's body.

2) The sword is pretty badass, imho.

gallery_52275_4552_22623.png

I hope you like my newest version of my chapter master. I've tried so many approaches, but I think this one's a keeper. Comments and criticism welcome.

Hey dude, that a really great start, I really like it. The torso shape/size is bang-on, so's the helm.

The only thing that's off is his neck, it needs to go. The neck armour needs to come up a little, then the helmet should drop down to meet it. With the arms, probably drop them a little and move them out a bit. As for their size/shape, pretend theyre the marines on bare arm, and draw the armour over them.

Cheers,

Jono

I think the best part of the picture is the fingers. It looks as though hes not even going to use the sword, but rather attempt to claw my eyes out :D

Jk. Looks good. Can't wait for our rematch next weekend

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my battle-brother, Zeke. I must say, the chainaxe was a :) to get the perspective right so I'm definitely going to mirror it when I am finished for the other hand. As an engineering major, I must say art is so god-blessed frustrating sometimes. I can't wait to bloody up the chainaxes and add some battle damage, though.

gallery_52275_4552_12107.png

Hopefully I will at least finish these two pictures I have started on. Then I will complete the 3rd brother and combine them into an epic diorama.

The back story on these guys, if you care, is they were once Night Lords back during the Great Crusade. The Officio Assassinorum at the time, under orders from someone important, recruited 3 Astartes in an experiment to test the feasibility of space marine assassins. The three were modified further from their brothers to excel in stealth, quick kill combat, and a couple other things I haven't pulled out my butt yet. Each on specializes in different aspects. Zynk (the 1st pic), has quick reflexes, dexterity, and a sharp mind (and much later though various plot holes and other bs becomes chapter master of the Night Angels). Zeke (2nd pic) is a close combat death machine. Thrall (not shown yet) is adept in forging and has unbelievable strength and vitality.

During the Crusade, each were sent to different legions to perform various difficult missions, sometimes fighting alongside brothers from other legions. Zynk 1st went to the Emperor's Children, then the Blood Angels. Zeke, the World Eaters then the Space Wolves. Thrall, the Iron Warriors then the Iron Hands. During the heresy they remained loyal, but were in a very dangerous position. The Officio Assassinorum, pressed in other matters and despite the Astartes Assassin's almost flawless records, deemed the experiment a failure tried to eliminate each on for fear of heresy because they were originally Night Lords. The three managed to regroup with each other and doing what they could to support the loyalists, survived the Heresy...

Afterward, they followed the fleeing traitors to the Eye of Terror and were "forgotten" (where they have various A-team-like adventures and annoy the crap out of chaos)... until the early 41st millenia. Yea, it's a story full of so many holes that one could call it swiss cheese, but I am obviously not a writer... regardless, I hope you enjoyed it.

EDIT: BTW, that rematch Zeke mentioned... yea I won that. Suck it, brother.

• 4 weeks later...

New (pre heresy) helmet. Also worked on the hands and backpack. Still much to fix and complete...

I cant seem to get the talons right... they're probably too long. That whole arm needs tweaking now that I look at it. Hope you like it so far!

gallery_52275_4552_65201.png

Archived