Khakis Iron Snakes Project

Quick question: Where did you get the drum magazins for your bolters?

I have seen them around a lot as of late and was wondering where they were from?

I can answer that: Zinge Industries. Just look for the ammo subsection in the armoury section. ;)

Great work on the Iron Snakes so far! Always love to see someone else's take on the chapter. Loving your take on Priad. :D

Sadly my snakes are the other side of the world at the minute, so I'm not making much progress on them, however they might serve as inspiration for your work, so here are my two WIP threads.

Army of Heroes - Iron Snakes

2010 WIP project.

I'll be following this one closely!

:)

Thanks WingsOfTheFalcon trust me I already know of your Snakes dabblings as (and I think I've said it before) your stuff served as one of my greatest sources of inspiration :) It's a shame your so separated from your Snakes, look forward to hopefully seeing them again in the future!

Good to see you've come back, brother! Did that paint stripping advice work? :)

Afternoon Olisredan! I am indeed back, (finally) tbh I havent had chance to try it out yet, I moved a long way away from my folkes earlier in the year so its not as easy as it once was...however...when theyre not looking, I'll have to break out the ladder!

I have seen them around a lot as of late and was wondering where they were from?

Thanks for the heads up.

I love the different subtle poses you have going for most of the models, like the plasma cannon guy rearing up, and the L. Claw on the end of the Sternguard model's power fist is a great conversion too...I think it actually improves the lines and pose of the original, and hardly looks like an add-on.

I'll keep an eye out for the progress your snakes are making with anticipation!

Thanks Yosef Hausakluif I must admit, even though I shouldn't have favourites, Priad is definetly mine. And it's nice to hear someone likes the PC guy, I was afraid he was at to much of a funny angle, so I was aiming to go back and re-position him. :P

I can answer that: Zinge Industries. Just look for the ammo subsection in the armoury section. :D

Boom...hit the nail on the head ;)

As a side note "whoo I made it to page 2! Champagne for every one...not you...you're under age..."

Khaki out!

I almost have my first 1k points listed out. the Iliad Phratry is coming......

sweet :lol:

Right, a small update today, so lets get down to business:

gallery_64855_7550_294598.jpg

gallery_64855_7550_582929.jpg

I present to you Alcaus the Contemptor Dreadnought.

I'm not going to lie, he was a pig to build! so many ball joints, so little time. However without them I wouldn't have been able to get the pose I wanted...so silver linings and all that. I intend to add some purity seals etc. but hes done!

If I'm honist I was a bit worried about starting him, afraid I wouldnt be able to do the pose I wanted!. But I bit the bullet and tackled him head on and I'm genuinly pleased with how he came out! (to give you an example of how much I've been putting him off, I've had him since roughly christmas 2011!)

Petrok update, hes aout 80% painted now, I'm not particularly happy with him as is, so before I post anything I shall re-visit him and do some tweakage.

Hope you all enjoy Alcaus, can't wait to add some paint! C&C please as usual.

Khaki out!

Alcaus looks pretty sweet, brother. Did you pin him at all? Because if you didn't, definitely keep him well away from board edges. Trust me. :D

Thanks Olisredan No I didnt and i think that was half my problem, he just didnt want to set! but dont worry I'll take your advice on board and make sure I either play in a padded room OR he wont be allowed to flank...ever.

As a side note, some things I forgot to mention. Firstly, I had my first game on Sunday in about 11 years! It was me and a couple of friends over a couple of beers, and I had a blast! It was Iron Snakes vs. Necrons vs. Dark Eldar, 750pts "capture the Relic".

I'm afraid I lost..quite badly in fact. But still, I managed to steal 2 victory points (first blood and the Necron commander killed). I had a blast and was a real eye opener to the new rules...I'm hooked!

Secondly, I went into my parents loft...there were 12 boxes of Warhammer 40k up there. ;) Ignoring what wasn't Power Armour related, Ive gone through roughly six boxes so far, 3 of them containing Space Marine stuff! (I didnt realise I was such a Tank nut!) Most, I will have to put on E of bay...but at least half, I intend to keep for myself. Pics of what was there tomorrow.

Lastly, I began painting Alcaus last night into the wee hours. If conditions are right I could in theory have him finished tonight, so pics tomorrow (I hope).

Till then...Khaki out!

Nobody truely knew how old Brother Alcaus was. All they knew for a certainty, was that he had lived for centuries.

Brother Sergeant Alcaus was present during the founding of the mighty Iron Snakes chapter. Indeed his name, like his peers - The great Captain Skypio, Sergeant Damocles, Sergeant Aesop, is immortalised within the phratry. His name, the official designation of Alcaus squad. By cruel fate he was cut down in his prime, slaying a Primul psyker witch. His body was broken, but not his spirit, nor his will to fight and protect the inhabitants of the reef stars.

Chapter Master Dieter had given the phratrys tech priests his blessings, and so it was that the mortal remains of Brother Sergeant Alcaus was entombed within the holy shell of a Dreadnought, to continue to fight for the God-Emperor until his time was at an end.

I present to you fair people, Contemptor Dreadnought Alcaus.

gallery_64855_7550_1249004.jpg

gallery_64855_7550_1199438.jpg

gallery_64855_7550_1409193.jpg

gallery_64855_7550_1422591.jpg

Khaki out!

Well u can rip in to the necrons next time, brother. Love the photos and can't wait to see some battle pictures and don't let your mates pick up ur model, don't want to break him by over keen dark Eldar players hands lol

awesome! I guess I need one now....

lol, if you so wish! I'd love to see your version! p.s, hows "For Ithaka!" coming along?

Well u can rip in to the necrons next time, brother. Love the photos and can't wait to see some battle pictures and don't let your mates pick up ur model, don't want to break him by over keen dark Eldar players hands lol

Lol I'll definatly be beating them off with a stick - thanks man! ;)

A couple of genuine questions for you out there...

1) I've just ordered me a gallon of Simple Green! can anyone tell me how much (if at all) the stuff needs to be diluted by?

2) would a Matt spray varnish take away the shinyness of a model/the glitteryness of the snow?

thanks in advance!

Khaki out!

The Matt varnish in my opinion, which isn't educated. Would say yes it would take the shininess away but it's really just a guess as I haven't used it and I stress that 100%. It's just my opinion.

With the snow problem u could glue that down afterwards? Just an idea.

lol, if you so wish! I'd love to see your version! p.s, hows "For Ithaka!" coming along?

well, I'm in the process of moving right now, so it will be a bit. but it will be a general forum for us sons of Ithaka to share ideas techniques and to field fluff questions. a general atta boy forum!

It will also be a venue for us to showcase our work and promote this glorious chapter! oh, and the Contempter, I like that :D

• 11 months later...

"Guess who's back, back again..." - Abraham Lincoln

Yes, it's me!

This is just to remind you that I am still around, and I do have some sneak previews of what I've been working on this last month.

I do appologise - thing became mighty hectic and my poor Iron Snakes were forgotten about for a little while, but, after seeing the new kits available for the Space Marines, I just had to cave and come back to my favorite Army.

I intend to take some more/better, photos tonight, with the aim of uploading them either tonight or tomorrow.

The Snakes are still here, dont give up on me yet. Enjoy!

gallery_64855_7550_115976.jpg

gallery_64855_7550_212487.jpg

Good to see you back brother! As you can see some thing's may have changed a wee bit since you were last here... msn-wink.gif

I see some HH outriders in there - I'm eyeing up some for purchase (mainly because I don't like the look of the regular bikes GW gave space marines - never have, never will). But, hell, don't they just look sexy. Good work and keep it up! :tu:

Gentlemen! Thank you for the kind words!

Good to see you back brother! As you can see some thing's may have changed a wee bit since you were last here... msn-wink.gif

I see some HH outriders in there - I'm eyeing up some for purchase (mainly because I don't like the look of the regular bikes GW gave space marines - never have, never will). But, hell, don't they just look sexy. Good work and keep it up! thumbsup.gif

I did notice the sites changed, and I love the new look/layout! - On a side note, I hope I haven't missed a subtle hint and gone and broken a rule, if I have, please let me know and I'll fix it ASAP

HH Outriders are fantastic bits of kit!, I really enjoyed building them and they add a lovely bit of variety to the squadron, indeed, if I had the cash, it would be the entire squadron riding those bad boys!

Glad to see these chaps re-emerging. biggrin.png Looking great as ever. Special kudos for keeping the silver skull helm on the chaplain. Also love the FW outriders and Contemptor.

Any chance of a group shot?

lol, you spotted that did you?I read it in the book ages ago about the silver skull and thought that it just had to be done! my only problem came about Petrok (the Librarians) armour in the novel i do believe it describes him as having silver armour aswell, but I needed for him to stand out on the table top as a Libby - so decided to make a few bits blue!

I'll work on a group shot of what I have so far, I do believe I still have 20+ marines (which would make me (I think) 8 squads of tacticals/sternguards) to build and 5 terminators, but I can at least show you good people what I have.

I'll be back real soon!

Khaki

I did notice the sites changed, and I love the new look/layout! - On a side note, I hope I haven't missed a subtle hint and gone and broken a rule, if I have, please let me know and I'll fix it ASAP

Nah, you're fine, brother. No problems here. ;)

Nice Snakes!  I just love this chapter.  I have a single Iron Snake sitting on my shelf, just because they are so awesome.  

Did you see about the FW chapter tactics update?  The Red Scorpions rules look like a good fit for you men, since you can take apothecaries per squad at no extra cost!

Nice Snakes!  I just love this chapter.  I have a single Iron Snake sitting on my shelf, just because they are so awesome.  

Did you see about the FW chapter tactics update?  The Red Scorpions rules look like a good fit for you men, since you can take apothecaries per squad at no extra cost!

Thanks Inquisitor Eisenhorn!

I havent even considered Red Scorpions if I'm honest - it probably doesnt help that buying volumes of Imperial Armour isn't high on my to do list! :-P

I literally know nothing about the Red Scorpions, how do they play? are they CC orientated? do they suffer from anything like the Red thirst etc?

As a p.s I have just read about my good friend Furioso Prime - it saddens me greatly that he's gone from the B&C, possibly for good. He was a great inspiration for my Iron Snakes and, although there is already a thread in his honour, I will immortalise him in my own way by creating an Iron Snakes Captain/Champion and naming it after him.

Lame I know, but as I will struggle to help out for his cause in this thread, this is the only way I feel I can show my support for him in this difficult time.

Khaki

Furioso!? I thought you weren't around any more! Are you OK bud? Don't get me wrong, it's a relief you ARE in fact still on the B&C, but you replying is completely out of the blue!

And wow...a bit embarrassing on my part, but hell, you're still getting a model good sir!

Very good to see you back. Those bikes look great, especially with some Outrider ones mixed in.

Thanks Kierdale! I knew I had to add something to the squad to break up the typical outlines, and the Outriders did just that - they're possibly my favorite FW kits I've had the pleasure to work on!

I know I promised you all photos last night, but I'm afraid fatherly duties took presidence and modelling fell to the wayside once again. But have no fear! tonight is the night! I'll ensure, before I do any painting, the photos you all crave will be here.

Are you watching closely?

Khaki

Archived