DW Command Sqd Kit

MayorDaley

Agreed, and people who put the Apothecary upgrade on TH/SS DW are tempting themselves to make AP1-2 saves on the one guy who can help against other attacks.

.... might not be an issue if all are so armed ;)

Very true, very true and I can see why peeps do the whole TH/SS thing in that sqd.

But, "that's not my bag baby", I like to mix it up a little. :HQ:

Point wise The Apothecary and Standard are not usually worth it. I find that anything that can go through 2+ armor is going to negate the use of FNP from an Apothecary. The Standard usually dies too quickly to matter in close combat so no use wasting points on it.

I don't use the standard bearer that often, but I almost always include my Apothecary. He has saved my command squad countless times. Most recently I played against Space Wolves, and my buddy rapid fired my squad, causing 5 wounds. Sure enough, I rolled 3 1s, one of those on my Captain. I rolled for FNP and save the two brothers who had been wounded, unfortunately my Captain failed his but with 3 wounds he was still around to strike back. Next round I assaulted and caused exactly enough wounds to wipe out a squad of Grey Hunters.

I know the Apothecary is situational, but taking wounds is a situation you find yourself in almost every single turn, especially considering people know you have your main HQ in that squad. Just something you might want to reconsider.

Archived