Gorgons of Camicus

HellChyld

Im thinking of building a diy i'm gonna call the Gorgons of Camicus. I plan on using the new FW minatour pads as chapter badges and then painting them with a limited palet of GW colors should have them looking something like this.

sm.php?b62c=@hvs7r_hk8Yt.haLvy__@@___i8y3o@@@@__@@@@___@___._._@@@@_@@@@_@@@@@___@@@@__@@hOIBr&grid=TRUE

I dont plan on true scalling them or doing any heavy conversion work as my nightlords are getting more then enough of that and kinda why im in a dry spell. I do plan on using minor conversions bits to had to the bull theme on them but havent figured it all out yet. as the army will be coming out of my bits box it shouldnt be long before i have some models to show but was wondering if anyone had ideas that might carry over the bull theme i'm after. the name is greek so maybe i should add in some ultramarine styling to represent this but im not sold on the idea yet. any opinions would be greatful. the color palet im planning on using so far is GW Citadel Charadon Granite, Orkhide Shade, Tin Bitz, Catachan Green, Chaos Black, Necron Abyss, Fiery Orange, Bubonic Brown.

Interesting... nice and dark colour scheme there. Good choice of colour for the eye lenses. :rolleyes:

If you're looking for a greek theme then choosing to utilise Minotaurs bitz is a good idea. If you need more 'greekness' how about arming some sergeant models with power spears/lances? Maybe have them carry circular Storm Shields?

Olisredan - circular storm shields sounds plasable, i really like that idea. im thinking the dark colors will look good with wear and tear from heavy campaigning/crusading. i'm looking for good roman/greek shield bits that with alittle work could be 40k for them specially if they carry the bull motify. i was thinking maybe a gs press mold could be cooked up too for chest plates and leg paldrons. if anyone knows of any bits that might work well for power spear/lances or just good old gladus or cestus bits once again i'd be greatful.

Olisredan - those are definately a starting point. he has some nice stuff that would make the gorgons look beefy. with slight conversion i could have the minatour/ bull theme on them in a minute. I'll have to order up some of them and see what i can do. thanks for the link and keep the ideas coming.

Might I suggest a secondary colour of some kind. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for dark, I play exclusively Black Legion after all. But, without anything to break this dark-on-dark scheme up, you're going to be faced with two issues. The miniatures are going to be little 'black holes' on the field, and you're going to get really tired of painting Black after your tenth model.

Just my two cents on this. Again, I like a good dark theme, but something, even if it's sparse will add punch.

Might I suggest a secondary colour of some kind. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for dark, I play exclusively Black Legion after all. But, without anything to break this dark-on-dark scheme up, you're going to be faced with two issues. The miniatures are going to be little 'black holes' on the field, and you're going to get really tired of painting Black after your tenth model.

Just my two cents on this. Again, I like a good dark theme, but something, even if it's sparse will add punch.

How about - an orange colour as an accent, say as Bolter stripes, helmet stripes, tabard colouring, etc, etc. Coupled with, say, white for squad/company/chapter markings, there may be just enough colour.

Just thought I'd throw that out there. :jaw:

all ideas here are valid. i thank you for your suggestions. my paints should arrive friday or saturday and I'll see how the them looks on the test mini then. if they remain dark like the image I think adding bronze or copper to them should add a little light to the darkness. the funny thing with tinbitz is you never know how it'll look next to dark grey or black. i'm hoping it isnt as dark as the computer image. i was thinking of priming them white to lighten the colors slightly as well but here's hoping til i get some paint on them :D

Or you focus on the bases to make the miniatures pop. I'd say gloomy red lava bases or white snowy bases to make them stand out.

Personally I love your colour scheme, and keeping entire models dark, with the eyes glowing (if you're able to pull that off in a good way) will look really cool. Don't take away the darkness of the miniature would a contrast color as you normally would, use the bases for that is my two cents! Gonna follow this one, can we see a test model soon? :D

Just so you know the word Gorgon is refered to a terrifing "Female" creature. Something that has no relation to a bull, or minotaurs. I like your ideas for your chapter, but the name Gorgons of Camicus is not good. MHO. If you heart set on the bull theme to use the Minotaurs shoulder pads. What about the Sons of Theseus.

Just so you know the word Gorgon is refered to a terrifing "Female" creature. Something that has no relation to a bull, or minotaurs. I like your ideas for your chapter, but the name Gorgons of Camicus is not good. MHO. If you heart set on the bull theme to use the Minotaurs shoulder pads. What about the Sons of Theseus.

One thing to note is that TSR (the original publisher of Dungeons and Dragons) altered the form of the Gorgon into what was essentially a brazz bull whose breath turned people to stone.

Archived