Death Guard Heresy Fleet?

timdp

I did some searching but could not find anything on the forum...

Suppose a person wanted to build The Death Guard fleet during the Heresy for Battlefleet Gothic? What would the list of ships look like and which BFG models would one use to build the list of ships (besides Terminus Est)? I seem to remember reading somewhere that there were nineteen ships in the fleet.

This is what I have come up with so far. I am not familiar with the different classes on Imperial ships, so can't yet identify classes from illustrations and need some help. Below is a ship list extracted from the Horus Heresy Collected Visions book and a couple from "Canadia Blood", although I am not sure that Daughter of Agony was with the fleet during the heresy.. Can anyone fill in the classes (XXX) and ship types (?) in the list below.

Any other info out there?

Thanks,

Tim

Collected Visions

Endurance - Capital Ship ( XXX class Battleship) HHVC pages 32, 35

Indomitable Will - Capital Ship ( XXX class ?) HHVC page 37

Spectre of Death - Capital Ship ( XXX class ?) HHVC page 303

Terminus Est - Capital Ship ( XXX class Battleship)

Undying - Capital Ship ( XXX class ?) HHVC page 348

Gladiator - ( XXX class ?) HHVC page 38 On the card image at the back of the book it says Global Gluttons instead of Death Guard.

Reapers' Scythe - (Battle Barge) HHVC page 247

Stalwart - (Battle Barge) HHVC page 384

Barbaros' Sting - Strike Craft (Frigate?) HHVC page 35

The Eisenstein - Frigate (destroyed)

Valley of Haloes - Supply Hauler (destroyed)

Canadia Blood

Aggrieved ( XXX class Battleship) Fought at Terra

Daughter of Agony - Cruiser

There is the Plague claw do not really know what type of ship it is though I remember it from the Eye of terror book

Plague Claw is probably one of the other ships in the fleet that has been renamed.

One more ship found in "Flight of the Eisenstein": Lord of Hyrus

• 3 weeks later...

I was just about to start a BFG list for my Deathguard. But I was probably going to be Post Heresy so I can go Crazy with the Paint jobs. Anybody have a place where I could find more Info on BFG and Inperticular Chaos Ships?

Thanks in advanced. Sorry to Jack your Thread but Maybe we can both Find what were looking for.

• 2 weeks later...
I was thinking this myself. The best bet for mortarions flagship would be to get an imperial battleship and change the prow to a skull as this is how it is described in flight of the Eisenstein. The problem with BFG and book ships is that in the book every single ship is different. And in the game you have a set number of basic shapes. The best thing to do would be to obtain a collection of ships from various different fleets, paint them all in the same colour scheme and just use them as the ships from the chaos BFG fleet list.

Actually. Just had a thought. The adeptus mechanicus battleship. would look good for mortarions flagship with a minor amount of conversion work on the prow. It's got the skull shape more or less already.

• 1 month later...
There is the Plague claw do not really know what type of ship it is though I remember it from the Eye of terror book

Plague Claw is probably one of the other ships in the fleet that has been renamed.

One more ship found in "Flight of the Eisenstein": Lord of Hyrus

Plagueclaw BFG Ship

It's already in one of the BFG rulebooks, but it was never in the Heresy.

Archived