Roninmodern's 5th Company

roninmodern

Really nice work Roninmodern, I like the nice dark gold and subtle highlights, also the checkers are very crisp. Well done.

Looking at your other work, you have improved the look ot the boys heaps in the course of that thread, I do suggest you post your minis here in the Rock where they belong, sharing is for other less secretive chapters :D

Stobz

I really like the "old school" checkered pattern. :P

As much as I love the current look of the army as set forth by GW, I grew up playing Advanced Heroquest with my dad and his coworkers. I must have been six or seven at the time, and I would spend long hours just flipping through the massive catalog with all of the space marine minis in it. The "old school" look has stuck with me in some places, and I try to add it in where I can, while still keeping the clean, modern aesthetic.

Well, after a long while, he's done!:

Dread_Front.png

Dread_Side.png

Now it's back to painting tac marines. I have five more to do at the moment, and I'll have two complete squads. I've purchased some nice new brushes, and my painting has improved a lot just because of that. It's amazing what having decent tools can do.

Here's a preview of what's to come after the tactical squad:

Speeder.png

Cheers!

Niiiiiiice!

The Mortis always gives me a Wild West feel :D. Draw Mister!

Jokes aside this is very very cool! Very Gothic as well, the gold/green combo is working very well and the Autocannons? Ace! I'm a big fan of the solid slug weapons (visually) and the fact that they are not aligned is like it's aiming at two targets - pinning them both at the same time! Reminds me of John Woo films. :lol:

Good luck with Sammy.

• 1 year later...

Brothers! I have returned to The Rock and bring with me a test model for Deathwing armor. I think the lighting may have washed the shadows and highlights out overmuch, but in person I like it. Will post a finished model soon.

IMG_0092.JPG

Further work on the 1st termi:

IMG_0101.JPG

IMG_0107.JPG

And a shot of the top, although the wrong part is in focus. I've started attempting to do some weathering and I think it's going to look decent:

IMG_0105.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Archived