The fallen Dark angels conversion help

davetherave26

Hey guys no wip pics yet so sorry if this is in the wrong forum anyways i need some advice about converting my fallen da firstly what types of squads do they still use etc. Im currently converting a chaplain and cypher not the crappy gw one. Also do i use the orginal black armour or green and do they still have the same chapter symbol. I want to do tattered robes but i would like yr opinion on what codex i should use chaos or dark angels i have mixed chaos bits like my chaplains armour is melded to his body but no serious mutations any thoughts/ideas pics to follow in next few days.

rave

Whoa there, I know it's text, but that honestly read like you were saying it all as quickly as possible.

The Fallen are usually depicted as only being one or two per army, but on occassion there are some who can gather a larger force of the Fallen together. Normally Cypher seems to attract them, but he's supposed to be an ambiguous character, so they might be hunting him. Rule of thumb; go with whatever you want.

They still wear the black armour (traditionally speaking) but again, it's your choice. As for chapter symbol, I don't believe they still do, they use the broken sword symbol.

As for tattered robes? Cool.

Which codex do you WANT to use? It all depends on how you play.

Also, have a think on if you want them to still be loyalists (loyalist Fallen exist, and are usually found on fringeworlds) Chaos (when they fell, they fell hard) or generally neutral.

If they're Loyalist fallen, they would wear black armour with red chapter symbol, as they still consider themselves DA. If renegade or chaos fallen, black armour with no symbol at all. If you want a fluffy Fallen army, I would suggest Cypher lead it as he attracts fallen like moths to a flame, otherwise fallen dont seem to congregate at anything larger that squad size. Tateted robes would look aces. Realistically they'd have predominantly MK 5 armour or older with a few scavenged pieces of MK 6 and newer.

Hope that helps

Cheers,

Jono

EDIT: Some Fallen/Pre Herey threads from here on the B&C

Widowmakrs Fallen

Angels_Blade pre heresy

Lord Magyar's pre heresy

Archived