Blood Angels vs Necrons. What to bring?

Blood Spartan

Do you consider yourself a, "fluffy" player? If so just bring a standard issue Baalite historical guide to diplomacy. Forget fighting each other and jointly beat up on the, "game store kid" who showed up with his unpainted, caked glue and mold line Nid army. A proven Dante strategy since 955.M41.

Just my .02¢, Cheers, -OMG

So I have a 1500 point game vs Necrons that is objective bassed. What kind of units should I bring? I have to take the Sanuinor a tac squad and an assault squad.

If he is taking deathmarks and or wraiths Keep as many objectives as possible out of his deployment zone so he cant reserve and come on from his edge.

Most of his stuff will fold to CC but beware wraiths they probably have initiative lowering buffs that will lower your iniative to 1 with models in B2B

You can take Wraiths out with your CC guys but you need stormshields to the front of the squad to take the lowered initiative and face the rending hits you will get from them, they will hang around if you are not carefull having an annoying 3+ invun, models not in B2B will still strike at normal initiative.

If the deathmarks have not come down keep your deepstriking units paired and supporting each other if a deathmark squad drops on you and marks a unit it will be hit on 2's from shooting and in CC hence the countercharge must come from an unmarked unit to clean them out quickly.

Plenty of melta to drop their barges and such, feel no pain is awesome. I had a melta honour guard take 1500 points worth of shooting and still stand with 3 models left.

Be careful with your multiwound models around scarabs they can drop armour off models however the sanguinor charging with another unit inside his +1 attack bubble will sort them out as he hits at S6 on the charge so each hit is a whole 4 model base gone same for powerfists. A librarian rolling his force weapon is instant death for scarab bases too. Fearless kills the last survivors.

Everything else you have not melta'd just beat it to death in assault

Necron vehicles don't like Meltaguns.

Necrons as a whole don't like close combat. Scarabs, Lychguard, and a few other units can do decently, but they all have some significant weaknesses and a full ASM squad charging pretty much any Necron unit should take it apart.

Necrons are very resilient and have good shooting, but most of it won't punch through FNP. Jumpers and other foot-based lists will likely do better than mechanized against them, since they negate the usefulness of their S7 guns and Gauss ability.

At the end of the day, Necrons will feel rather like Tau: strong shooting, tough tanks, the melee ability of a dead rat. They may be able to tank through a couple rounds of CC based on good Ld, but sooner or later they'll fail a check and die.

Do you need anything else besides and sanguinor and those two squads? The Necrons are garbage.

Honestly, you just need standard load out assault squads and sang priests. deep strike with meltas to pop the vehicles, and then assault the warriors. you could probs just sit on a couple objectives the whole game and win.

If you want to table him in a couple turns bring a storm raven with a furioso and DC.

I've played the new necrons three times now...

The We'll Be Back is annoying but I believe doesn't work if you sweeping advance them. Mech does just fine against them, don't listen to that advice. I ran 2 games with a full mech army and 1 game with jumpers. The two games with mech I controlled the game fairly easily. The game I took jumpers I was nearly tabled. Take that for what it is.

Baal Preds and Assault Cannons are great against them. Once you get into combat you will destroy them. Position yourself so that only a few get in on your assault so you don't break them during your assault phase. When you win combat and consolidate in you should be able to torch them during their assault phase to keep you safe from any fire they have left to shoot at you.

Scarabs are weak in combat they can be tarpitted easily and are no threat to single wound models, scarabs like chewing on armour but power fists and force weapons like chewing on scarabs, and are better at it. Anything that hits S6 or higher is perfect and the key to getting rid of them. S6 attacks turn a 4 wound 5+ sv model into a single wound model with WS2 and T3.

Scarabs get to choose the combat because of their charge range so make it so they eventually have to come to you.

Assault cannons will rip through just about anything Necron and instagib multiwound scarab bases.

Assaulting Necrons with just about anything in a Marine list is a recipe for success and severely hampers their ability to shoot back.

Watch out for tricks with their character that creates difficult terrain to start the game and seizes the initiative on a 4+.

And keep in mind that all you need to do in an objective based game is kill all his troops and control ONE objective.

Do you consider yourself a, "fluffy" player? If so just bring a standard issue Baalite historical guide to diplomacy. Forget fighting each other and jointly beat up on the, "game store kid" who showed up with his unpainted, caked glue and mold line Nid army. A proven Dante strategy since 955.M41.

Wow OMG you made me laugh. That is so funny because it's true. Keep it coming!!!

Corb

Wow OMG you made me laugh. That is so funny because it's true. Keep it coming!!!

Corb

I was going to suggest you team up rather than fight...

...but now I won't.

dang beaten to it :(

having played them twice (not terrible experience i know) i can tell you the evaporate when exposed to combat.... baring wraiths, spyders and perhaps the new characters with the 4++ shields, havent faced those yet...

baal predator and vindicator proved to be very effective. as did a furioso with extra armour and lawn mowers...er....blood talons ;) priests also make necrons cringe just like any other army :D bring them and laugh while your shrugging of the most of the hurt while your closing!

happy hunting :confused:

Archived