Power Fist/Thunder Hammer

Jorre

The answers given are correct, however I can appreciate the confussion.

Furious Charge gives +1S & +1I

Powerfist doubles basic Strength and reduces initiative to one. Logic would say that on the charge:

Strength is 4 x 2 + 1 = 9

Initiative is reduced to 1 then +1 = 2

What is often overlooked: the powerfist rule says with respect to initiative ignore any further bonuses from wargear or special rules (including furious charge)) With this rule: the following is how it really works:

Strength is 4 x 2 + 1 = 9

Initiative is reduced to 1 +1 = 1

Zhukov -> The furious Charge bonus' should be added after the bonus's from the powerfist. You shouldnt add the Init bonus before the powerfist and then add the strength bonus afterwards.. If you think of it in terms of the above it should (I hope) be easier to understand.

Claws

Zhukov -> The furious Charge bonus' should be added after the bonus's from the powerfist. You shouldnt add the Init bonus before the powerfist and then add the strength bonus afterwards.. If you think of it in terms of the above it should (I hope) be easier to understand.

Bah does it matter? ^^ I thought it would be easier to understand if I explained it like this. The strenght bonus you could remember like this: Your models isn't actually stronger when charging, just a little more ferocious so the hammer will hit a bit faster (faster as in stronger, not quicker).

Hammerhand on the other hand actually increases the strenght of the wearer, so that's why GK models do apply the Hammer bonus after the Strenght bonus.

Ah well, maybe just explaining the rules clearly is indeed better lol.

Archived