need some clarity

greatcrusade08

i got a pm from B&Cs captainloken about Ics with move through cover and i looked up the rule and it seems ive been doing things wrong.

heres the thing: Ics have move through cover (and skilled rider), and according to page 75 of the BRB only lose those abilities if they join a unit without them..

so if i had an IC or two join a unit of scouts they would all still keep the move through cover rule?

can someone confirm im reading it right please..

danke

BRB page 47 does say ICs have Skilled Rider and Move Through Cover.

According to page 74, USR's marked with an * are only lost if the IC or unit doesn't have them; if they both have the rule, they get to keep it.

Also, Skilled Rider doesn't have an * next to it, so an IC won't lose the rule even if he joined a unit that doesn't have it.

Crusade don't feel bad ... I been doing it wrong just as long with my scout unit... I thought of it after looking at the rules book again for a tech-marine. Its nice to know a scout army in all entirety has move threw cover even the characters...

yeah after our convo i read through it in the rulebook, and it looked so simple..

figured i was wrong so id check with the chaps here

According to page 74, USR's marked with an * are only lost if the IC or unit doesn't have them; if they both have the rule, they get to keep it.

Also, Skilled Rider doesn't have an * next to it, so an IC won't lose the rule even if he joined a unit that doesn't have it.

The Unit has to be bikes or cavalry.

The Unit has to be bikes or cavalry.

Well, if the HQ itself is not a bike or cavalry Skilled Rider doesn't do anything, but the rules don't say he loses Skilled Rider if attached to a non-bike/cav unit.

Of course, running a bike captain with an infantry squad is a pretty big waste of the bike's potential, so it's not likely to come up all that often.

Grinding my gears ... does the skilled rider then give the Character a chance to re roll failed Dangerous terrain rolls even if he is on foot? Don't have my rule book on me but ... its got me thinkin the moment i get back into my stuff of 40k...

If I recal no, I believe it just refers to a mobile vehicle/beast: bike, wolf, etc. I could be wrong, I never noticed because I keep my troops in armoured beasts called "Rhinos". ;)

Archived