Some Beginner Questions

crocker

Hey all, i have posted a couple of topics and have had some great responses so and here goes one again:

- With a 10man assualt sqaud does each of the 10 units NEED to have a chain sword as i have 7 units with bolter and chain sword with the seargant bearing a bolter and power fist and 2 other guys with only the meltaguns. Is that allowed?

- i'm looking to make the 2 best squads from the following:

Tactical Box with everything still on the sprues

10 marines already built with 1 seargant with powerfist and bolter, 8 marines with bolters and 1 marine with bolter and detonator?

Thanks guys,

Chris

Erm - it appears that you've got a tactical squad there... An assault squad must be armed with Bolt pistols and close combat weapons (be they swords, axes, knives, clubs, whatever). But you could have some models not holding both a bolt pistol and a Chainsword (for example two chainswords or 2 bolt pistols, or a chainsword and a grenade are all fairly common modelling choices). You dont say what you man by best two squads - you could paint them as Sternguard squads for example, if you dont need to use them as tactical squads (mandatory troops choices being the obvious reason).

well basically what i have done now make is 10 man assualt sqaud by utilising the chain swords out my tactical box.

So i made assualt squad all 10 men with chain swords, sarg also has power fist and 2 units also have melta guns.

I have also makde a 10 man tactical sqaud with power fist, 1 melta and 1 flamer

I have now got a box of tactical units and could make a tactical squad with missile launcher and a plasma gun i think it is? is this worth while or am i best purchasing some bits and making more use of the tactical box? Would i be worth while buying a Death company box or something like that?

Archived