Astral Claws Appreciation

Kronk

I'm putting together a small Astral Claws army for an upcoming Badab war campaign. Our current campaign will end in February, then we'll start a new one.

I have chosen to play Lughft Huron as renegade Space Marines in the next round. Huron is painted and ready to go. Now I'm debating on the rest of my army.

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2011/11/20/296678_sm-Forge%20World,%20Huron,%20Lugft%20Huron.JPG

I want to build and paint 1 unit at a time. I picked up 10 PA and 10 Terminator Astral Claw shoulder pads from FW and am staring hard at them, willing them to tell me where to start. I also have the Armenneus Valthex FW model and scratch built a Captain Corien Sumatris.

My main army will center around Huron with Assalt terminators jumping out of a Land Raider Crusaider. I'm thinking of a 6 man unit, with 2 Lightning claws and 4 Thunder Hammers. They'll be supported by a Missile Launcher Devastator squad, some tac marines, a 5-man sniper rifle squad, and some sternguard. I posted an army list in the appropriate area, but I guess folks aren't too interested in Lugft Huron. :)

If you have your own Astral Claws army going, I'd love to see them. Or even Tyrant's Legion from IA:9.

I am an Astral Claws fan and was building up an army using the SM codex myself. Didn't get too far though and sold off my stuff. If I remember correctly I was building something similar to what you have but I had a squad of assault marines with no jump-packs being built to represent retaliators (I think that's what they were called).

Your Huron is very well painted and I think if you keep up that level your army is going to look killer on the table.

*I also think this is a thread more fitting for Index Astartes. I may be wrong...

*I also think this is a thread more fitting for Index Astartes. I may be wrong...

I'd say so. If this was a Red Corsairs force, it'd be great for here. :D

Anyway. Start with the Tac squad, Kronk. It's a basic unit and it'll give an idea of the direction you'll wish to go (aesthetically). :)

Archived