Sanguinary Priest in Terminator armour

Enzephalon

Hi guys,

Something new.

I managed to finish this model.

It's a Sanguinary priest in terminator armour for my WIP assault terminator squad.

It's a conversion from a Space Hulk terminator and a few Grey Knight bits.

He is completely wysiwyg as he is swinging a force weapon. I decided to go for a staff because it makes him look much more like I imagine a priest of the 40k millenium.

Enjoy....

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2011/12/14/305121_md-.JPG

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2011/12/14/305122_md-.JPG

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2011/12/14/305123_md-.JPG

Next to his power armoured little friend for size comparison:

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2011/12/14/305124_md-.JPG

I hate to say it but he isnt WYSIWYG... Power fist is not an option for a Sang priest, nor is a force weapon. Which is a real shame because I do like the conversion you've done on him...

My bad.... The force weapon is a translation mishap. ^^ I allways get confused with the german names and the english counterparts. It's power weapon of course. ^^

Concerning the fist... You're right. I thought it wouldn't automatically count as a power fist when used with terminator armour.

I hope my opponents will tolerate him

If you have the Space Hulk minis then you can always chop the power fist off and add a hand holding the grail. I used the Lorenzo figure and chopped off the storm bolter, replacing it with the grail.

Thank you for the input but I think it's kind of silly that the priests actually carry a grail in their hands. I know.... Corbulo has one too.

But I do not like the idea of bringing an oversized cup to a battle, so my priests only get the little grail on top of their armour, as you can see.

I guess I will stick with the narthecium conversion and the rule-of-cool argument. ^^

If you have the Space Hulk minis then you can always chop the power fist off and add a hand holding the grail. I used the Lorenzo figure and chopped off the storm bolter, replacing it with the grail.

Thank you for the input but I think it's kind of silly that the priests actually carry a grail in their hands. I know.... Corbulo has one too.

But I do not like the idea of bringing an oversized cup to a battle, so my priests only get the little grail on top of their armour, as you can see.

I guess I will stick with the narthecium conversion and the rule-of-cool argument. ^^

Hey, that's absolutely fine and a matter of personal preference. Personally I like the grail thing.

I doubt anyone will have too much of an issue with your figure not being 100% WYSIWYG as long as it is clearly a Sanguinary Priest with a power weapon.

Hey, that's absolutely fine and a matter of personal preference. Personally I like the grail thing.

I doubt anyone will have too much of an issue with your figure not being 100% WYSIWYG as long as it is clearly a Sanguinary Priest with a power weapon.

You're right.

Mind sharing the pictures of your priest? Would love to see how he turned out.

You're right.

Mind sharing the pictures of your priest? Would love to see how he turned out.

No problem. Not the best picture in the world (taken on my phone) but here he is:

gallery_55814_5164_976681.jpg

Nice one...

I thought of using Lorenzo too, but I only have him once and I want to be able to use him in the Space Hulk game.

He's too expensive to buy him for a sanguinary priest I probably only use in bigger games, which I do not play so often. ^^

Archived