Who is this?

henrywalker

So I just ordered this guy from scibor

http://sciborminiatures.com/en_,shop.php?a...rchangel_05.jpg

I want to take him as blood angels but I'm not sure who as. He would make a good Dante to go with the new sanguinary guard but I do already have a Dante converted with wings. He could be the sanguinary too. However I think that while he would look good in gold I think a rich blood red and black scheme would look the best And of course the sanguinary is gold. For big apocalypse games which I play occasionally I think I MIT try to get away with sanguine us which should be a bit of fun.

Any thoughts? Any ideas about painting him?

Although not proportioned like one, the Scibor character models are closer to the size of a Terminator than a normal Marine- they're about a head taller, more if you use them on the fancy bases they generally come with. All in all, larger than a normal GW HQ model, but I'm fine with it because I like my HQs to be impressive-looking.

Sanguinous is the obvious choice, or Sanguinor if you stick to codex stuff, but he makes an excellent Mephiston as well. You could also use him for Dante, although you'd want to alter the head to give him the Death Mask and probably put his pistol in there somewhere.

I picked up this model to represent Sanguinius for my very slowly growing pre-heresy force. I can confirm it is Primarch scale. I have only got as far as undercoating so far. The model has some delicate sections and recomend being ultra careful with the wing tips, I had to patch up quite a few feathers after cleaning up the flash. Overall I'm really happy with the purchase there's loads of nice detail and the price was fair.

Painting wise: I'm not using any metalic paints anywhere on my force, started it to push my painting skills, so NMM for the gold armour. I'm going to have a go at re-creating the sable form the Collected visions piece, white fur with black spots. I will stick to the blonde hair, I just can't picture him any other way. I'm really struggling with the cape, half of me wants red as this will tie in nicely with the rest of the force, the other half thinks black will be easier and give a nice backdrop to the NMM. Either option and I will add some detail work at the least some edging. For the wings I will duplicate the technique I used for my Sanguinary Guard:

Basecoat Devlan Mud

Layer Kommando Khaki, though Bleached Bone to Skull White

Shade with Darkflesh

A thin Glaze of Scab Red + Devlan Mud

Re highlight extreme highlights Skull White

The Scab Red really deepends the shading and give a natural look, rather the the cold blue you often see used.

Once I get my lighting rig sorted I'll post some pics. Please post us some pics of your progress.

Archived