Minotaur Space Marine

ron

Thanks guys!

plasman: I managed to get a look at the book real quick and I couldn't find any more pictures of the heraldry... but Veterans sounds right and would set them apart from the regular guys. As soon as I can get a copy to read through, I'll check it out.

I like it but I have to agree with plasman about the verde gre effect. The way I am thinking is that the armour is only painted Bronze not made of bronze......but as said....I like it!!

:blush:

I too like it, nicely done :rolleyes:

As for the verdi gris it is shown clearly in all the IA10 artwork for the Minotaurs but like all mini painting it is down to your own interpretation of the available artwork...

As for the effect. I've seen what it looks like when you mix 1 part DA Geen with 2 parts Hawk Turq and I think it looks much better.

That's what I would use next time and I don't think it would increase the working time too much.

When it comes to replicating the effect, it's a balance between getting something that looks "right" and what you want. Duplicating the actual effect absolutely perfectly is not as important as getting a good representation so that viewers understand what it is or at least it registers as what it should be in their mind. That and with a tabletop quality model, you have the time considerations as well. If it takes 15 hours to paint just one model, it's not going to help you no matter how good it looks if you need/want the squad done quickly.

PJ1933: As for scaling up, I have no doubts this technique would work just as well on a larger model. You may have to refine your brush stokes and be a bit more careful on larger, flat surface areas when scaling up, but it should work fine.

I think the blue and green washes would be too dark. That and they are transparent.

In this case, I think you need something a bit more opaque that collects in the recessed areas. The washes would collect in the recesses, but you'd most likely still see the base color underneath. The effect is supposed to cover up the armour underneath and for that, you need more opaque than transparent.

I think the blue and green washes would be too dark. That and they are transparent.

In this case, I think you need something a bit more opaque that collects in the recessed areas. The washes would collect in the recesses, but you'd most likely still see the base color underneath. The effect is supposed to cover up the armour underneath and for that, you need more opaque than transparent.

Why not trying a mix of Hawk Turquoise and Thraka Green ?

Archived