My First Model

PaladinSteel

Hello Everybody

Iv been a member of this site for a while but iv only just recently decided to finally buy some 40k stuff and start painting. Iv never touched or painted any models until now so here is my first. A Chaos Lord. iv gone with maybe the easiest colour scheme to use, the Black Legion. Like i say, this is the first model iv ever touched so my painting may not be up to standard :)

Hope You Enjoy

http://i389.photobucket.com/albums/oo335/rickysteel85/chaoslord.png

You've got a good start there. Your horns came out well, and you are just some edge highlights on the black and red away from a very acceptable tabletop quality. I'd also suggest drilling the bolter barrels, and you seem to have missed a few spots on the bolter around the ammo belt that should probably be a metallic color.

It's a lot better than my first model.

I'm in envy of your talent, if my first models had looked like that I would have saved a lot of time repainting them.

Your brushcontrol is flawless as evidenced by the by the masterfully painted trims.

Read up on some highlighting techniques and you'll be painting with the greats in no time.

• 2 weeks later...

That looks absolutely sh*te, you should be ashamed of yourself!

:lol:

Just kidding dude, but then you already know that I'm a fan of that model. Like the others have said, needs a tiny bit more work to make it truly awesome, but for a first attempt it's fantastic. Advice I can give is to take photos of it from multiple angles because the camera will pick out bits that your eyes will simply overlook - the amount of times I've gone back to re-paint a model because the camera showed up a mistake or a smudge or something similar.

Hurry up and paint your Abaddon model, I want to see what you can do with him!

Once you have your Black Legion all painted up you need to let me know and we'll go down to maelstrom again for a game.

Later dude,

Dan

Very impressive for a first model! As others have said, you should try some basic highlights and go from there. I'd also highly recommend the From The Warp blog by Ron (a member of this forum too). He has some excellent advice on pretty much everything and for all levels of hobbyists.

I hope that helps!

Ludovic

As others have mentioned, very good for a first painted model. paint is not too thick, great brush control, and a use of washes as well I can see. If seeking to improve (aren't we all), I'd suggest checking out the tutorial section here. Found a lot of great stuff there.

All in all, great job, keep it up and keep us posted!

Archived