Alpha Legion

Snejk

This is my first actual finished mini in a long long long time.

Everything else is somewhere between half done and still on the sprue.

So this is my Alpha Legion Chosen Aspiring Champion, a lightning claw wielding maniac with a huge Wolverine complex. Or maybe he's just deep in Khorne's pocket.

The claws are from the Terminator Lord box, the poor Marine's Errant head on the icy plains of Tunguska is from an assault squad box and the rest is from a CSM sprue. I used a limited palette since i had to buy new paint to be able to do any work at home since my ordinary paint stuff is at a friend's place. Perhaps i could have highlighted the horns a bit more.

Basically the palette is black base coat, a layer of necron abyss, and some Asuremen blue wash. Blend Necron Abyss and Goblin green for the highlights, except on the lightning claws where I used dark Angels Green and Goblin green. The metall is Boltgun Metall high lighted with some Mithril silver.

The eyes are Ice blue, asuremen blue and a mix of skull white and ice blue.

The base is one coat Necron abyss brushed with ultramarines blue and ice blue, and with a layer of asurmen blue.

gallery_60645_6711_106991.jpg

gallery_60645_6711_267604.jpg

gallery_60645_6711_363049.jpg

gallery_60645_6711_586114.jpg

gallery_60645_6711_106991.jpg

Aww the poor misunderstood Alpha Legionnaire want a hug from the Emperor. SCNR

Seriously thought, that is a very nice paintjob. I'm not so sure about the horns though. I'd prefer beige/bone colored horns. Also IMHO the Alpha Legion and there armor is the least likely to sprout horns.

Very nice model mate! As far as the horns go I would personally suggest painting them silver. It will unify the armour (match with the silver trim) plus then it looks as though the Alpha Legion have decorated their armour with the horns instead of the horns sprouting via mutation or 'gift' which I think would tie in with the Alpha Legion theme nicely.

The.Latros.Sacrum

I repainted the horns of the chosen champion. Using mixing chaos black, boltgun metall, mithril silver.

And here's a group pic with some other Chosen with various special weapons. A couple are missing.

gallery_60645_6711_46085.jpg

gallery_60645_6711_491149.jpg

And finally my new Terminator Lord - Faethor, armed with a Daemon Weapon - WHFB Chaos Knights lance, and with a CSM helmet. For some reason i don't like the tusked Chaos Terminator helmets. Difficult to paint and what not.

gallery_60645_6711_159095.jpg

gallery_60645_6711_387375.jpg

I like these a lot. You've done a great job blending the blue and green - part of what I think makes Alpha Legion look so cool.

Cheers!

Thanks! I used Necron Abyss as base coat, then a layer of Asurmen Blue wash and then i just blended Necron Abyss with Goblin green. On some models i have used some Asurmen blue as a final wash and on some i have used Trakka Green wash. At first I wasn't sure how it would look but i'm pretty happy with the result.

The helmets are painted in Dark Angels Green and high lighted with a mix of Dark Angels Green and Goblin Green. And the eyes and glow are Ice Blue, Asurmen wash, and a mix of Ice blue and skull white.

Archived