Imotek and Cryptec Re-Rolls

Blitzkrieg861

Sorry guys, another necron question. I won't be able to buy a book until after Christmas lest I sleep on the couch for a couple weeks! I believe he can only use the re-rolls on each phase of the turn. If this is the case, I do not believe you could during siezing the initative as it isn't a phase of the game yet? Anyone able to clarify for me?

It isn't part of the game yet, and unlike Brother Corbulo's ability, it doesn't specifically say that it can be done for the Seize the Initiative roll. I would say no you cannot use it for that then.

agreed, seize the initiative isn't part of a phase, it's pre-game action, just like deployment, scout moves, infiltrate etc. i think the more debateable question concerning imotek and cryptec re-rolls is does it apply to his storm lord ability. i think there are strong arguements to both sides of this. it is one of imotek's abilities afterall. i think the assumption (because it never states he is connected to the roll) can be made, but it creates several issues. if he is making the roll, does this mean he is the point of attack when it comes to cover saves or are they treated as orbital barrage? (c'mon faq) if imotek is killed, does that immediately stop the ability? does it stop at the beginning of the next player turn? game turn? does it keep going so long as you make the roll even though hes dead? personally, im playing it as his ability, since there isn't much history on these kinds of abilities, so he can make use of the re-roll though if he dies, so does the storm. thoughts?

Archived