Using a Fine Cast Librarian as the base for a Belial Convert

Pbenner

Hi guys,

A friend of mine bought a fine cast librarian and when he got it home it had some bad bubbles. GW sent a replacement and after it sat for a week he gave It to me.

I have began converting this into a Belial model for my Deathwing. I think it should be an okay conversion. I have removed anything that looks remotely like a librarian decoration, and I plan on using a Thunder Hammer from the CC box and the Stormshield from the DA upgrade sprues.

I think a head from that same set would work out as well. Anyone see any down side to this or anything I should be giving him bit wise?

Paul

I don't have a good way of getting images online but I took a few pictures. When I can get them up I will. At this point he has been stripped down to an empty hood on the armor, a cloak, and his left arm. I have removed all the scrolls and purity seals from him. I am close to removing the two headed eagles as well. I want him to appear more modest than the librarian I suppose. Not as much adornment, more of a let's get the job done kind of dude.

Will post images when I can.

Paul

IMHo, you still need to remove the hood or disguise it .

I'll second this. That hood has to go, it doesn't fit on anything else except a librarian. I had an idea to use Grey Knights for some new Deathwing terminators, but they have hoods built into each torso, and I figured it was more work than it's worth to convert them properly.

As for the head, the bits from the DA veteran sprue can work. The Death Company box for Blood Angels also has a few choices you might consider. I used one for my DW captain, and I think it works perfectly.

Hi guys,

Thanks for the input. I did not remove the hood completely, as I didn't have a good idea of exactly what I wanted, but I removed all the ornamanets off of it and drilled the interior out completely, it doesn't look like a librarian hood anymore.

I was at a buddy's house, and he hooked me up with the Storm Shield off of the DA upgrade Sprue, as well as a hooded head from the biker sprue, so those both got added tonight. Complete with Pins and Greenstuff. I think he is coming along nicely. I took some progress pictures but will have to get them posted later.

Right now I need a right arm with a thunder hammer. He gave me one from the GK set but I dont much like it. I would rather have a plain one me thinks. He also hooked me up with the Apothecary Bits, the Narthecium//Reductor, the two vials for the belt and the light. What is a good head for the Apothecary?

I will try to get pics up soon but I think he will be a good conversion when I get him done.

Paul

http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss129/pbenner2250/2011-12-20_09-54-44_702.jpg

Here is the mostly cleaned Librarian body. Since this picture I removed the imperial eagles and the horns off the Crux on his left arm.

http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss129/pbenner2250/2011-12-20_23-28-30_231.jpg

This is him mostly done with additions. His helmet will be pinned to his ass plate. The Hammer isn't perminant and I will use a different arm as well.

http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss129/pbenner2250/2011-12-21_10-53-45_287-1.jpg

This is him done minus the arm, with a base coat of foundation paint. Waiting on an arm and a hammer head. I have opted use the GK hammer haft, but I want a different head for his hammer.

Paul

Looking very good, nice pose with the storm shield. For my apothecary, I went with the half-bionic head from the tactical marine sprue, the one that looks like he's from the movie "Terminator". I wanted my apothecary to look like he's been through hell and back, and having half a face of metal works for me.

Hi guys,

I am seriously considering giving this guy a Chaos Terminator Power Maul head attached to the haft of a Grey Knight Nemesis Force Hammer haft and hand. The thing will be long. Possibly looking like something that might need two hands. Is this too much weapon for a single terminator?

Paul

Thank you thank you. As soon as I have the right stuff together to finish his right arm I will be looking at paint. My paint skills leave alot to be desired but I will be giving it a valiant attempt!

Paul

http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss129/pbenner2250/2011-12-29_14-20-10_941-1.jpg

Added weapon. Its the upper haft and head of a CSM Terminator Power Maul pinned to the shaft of a GK Daemon Hammer. Thoughts?

I pinned the and all the joints. The arm isn't perminant, just sat on its pin. If everyone says its good I will probably base coat it today and then begin work on an Interrogator Chaplain in Terminator Armor next.

Paul

Looking really good Pb, I'm loving the maul/staff thingie, great job making it straight.

If you can manage it I'd recommend adding something like rivets or other bling (servo skull, small icon, plastic card arch etc) to help conceal the cowl behind his head, it looks a little 'chopped' at the mo...

good luck and happy painting

stobz

Archived