Dante Conversion

drial87

The painting is very good, I like it a lot. The only criticism I'd have of the piece is just that he looks to me like just another member of the Sanguinary Guard. He doesn't really stand out for me like the chapter master of the Blood Angels, despite the addition of Astorath's pack.

The painting is very good, I like it a lot. The only criticism I'd have of the piece is just that he looks to me like just another member of the Sanguinary Guard. He doesn't really stand out for me like the chapter master of the Blood Angels, despite the addition of Astorath's pack.

I implemented one of your pictures in this post. People do not like to click external links.

Which would be a shame, because your miniature is quite decent.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-5-RPjDrpQHQ/Tuwktu2ZOSI/AAAAAAAAAKk/rWwKMKZQsDc/s1600/IMG_0237.JPG

Astorath's jump pack makes him significantly taller and the wings are larger. It shouldn't be hard at all to pick out that one model as Dante. Plus, I think the Sanguinary Guard models have better detail than the old Dante figure does.

I did the same type of build for my Dante, though I have since swapped to the Sanguinor wings.

I'm aware that Astorath's pack is bigger, I own the model as well as Dante. The issue is that aside from the trailing scrolls from the pack, almost nothing visually indicates that that is anyone but a regular Sanguinary Guard miniature. Dante has his halo and his death mask is distinct. The Sanguinary Guard models are nice, but I'm still a fan of the original Dante model. He was the inspiration for the SG, afterall.

As I said though, the painting is very nice. And he's distinguishable enough for use on the tabletop. I just feel like if I was taking Dante in my list, that I'd want him to stand out a bit more, be more of a centerpiece for my army, rather than appearing to essentially just be Sanguinary Guard Brother Bob. That's just me though.

I agree that he wouldnt stand out as much as i like, that said here is a pic of one of my Sang Guard...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-kDcaJre1YaM/TmhB7JmwK6I/AAAAAAAAAEI/P6fbtCJYTRY/s320/IMG_0049.JPG

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-CuUCdikcaso/TmhCQWmeOTI/AAAAAAAAAEQ/K_cjzqmWeK8/s320/IMG_0051.JPG

As you can see, the paint jib between the two models is vastly different =D

Archived