Scottish Marines

I'll be perfectly honest, when I saw the colour scheme of these guys for the first time, it wasn't quite my cup of tea. But after looking at them again, absorbing the details of the models and the way they work together and realising that the brighter green was created by the flash on your camera, I actually really like them. The combination of detailing and tartan robes makes them brilliantly characterful, in particular I love how each terminators chapter iconography is subtly different yet instantly identifiable as being the same chapter.

I also really like the detailing on the unpainted mini's as well the celtic patterns look fantastic, I can't wait to see how they look with paint on ;)

keep up the good work

James

Thanks man, yeah the camera plays some funny tricks! I've fiddled with the contrast and depth a little to bring out the details in these pics, and they're all taken on my camera phone. The paint is more muted in the flesh, also I have started with the most colourful unit, the rest will have dark shades of tartan (if any), greens and blacks.

The rank and file troops will all have the same green armour, but no red, and far simpler mass produced insignia, I can't maintain this level of detail for an entire army!

Progress is a little slow at the moment, I have two broken bones in my right hand. This does mean I have plenty time to paint, but it makes painting fracking SLOW.

• 2 years later...

Wow, it's been along time! The chaps have been hiding in caves mostly, stealing sheep, getting drunk and having a great time beating up orks and tau.

The (playable) chapter as it stands: Wolf lord with terminator guard, terminator wolf guard, wolf guard pack, 3 grey hunter packs, blood claw pack, long fang pack, scout pack, lone wolf.

Wip: wolf guard pack, close combat grey hunter/wolf guard pack, scouts, a bunch of pack leaders, whirlwind.

Chapter emblem

http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w496/jimbothemagnificent/The%20Damn%20Few/6_zpswgv5dsf9.jpg

Archived