The Argaerion Crusade

Jackpet

Good evening brothers (it is nearly midnight here in the Land DownUnder so I'm going with 'good evening') :P

I have always loved Black Templars. I remember, way back in 2008, when I walked into my local GW hobby centre and cast my eyes upon the beauty that was the AoBR boxed set. I had been playing the LotR game for a while and always wanted to try out 40K. Done. $ 130 and ten minutes later I left the store with a copy of AoBR as well as a Codex. That Codex (you might have guessed it) was the Black Templar one.

I sat down at the bus stop outside, and read through the sacred pages of that tome. I was hooked. The images of power-armoured knights slaying the Emperor's enemies with fury and sword set my geeky soul on fire. :P

However, life has a will of its own, and (don't ask me how or why) I ended up collecting and painting an IG army as my first one..

Now, over three years later, it is time to start what I should have all that time ago. My own Crusade. ;) :D :D

Before I start rambling on about all the fluff I came up with (I'll do that soon enough..hehehe), I present the first four brethren (still very WIP).

C&C very welcome!

gallery_65064_6768_723925.jpg

gallery_65064_6768_1203251.jpg

I wanted this model to reach out to grab a fresh magazine from one of his battle brothers. I am not 100% happy with the cloth on his right shoulderpad..

gallery_65064_6768_2004905.jpg

gallery_65064_6768_1191587.jpg

Here's the Initiate with the ammunition supply. I think he needs a belt buckle. :tu:

gallery_65064_6768_476641.jpg

gallery_65064_6768_90889.jpg

Lascannon initiate.

gallery_65064_6768_108077.jpg

And last, but not least, Battle Brother Auburnus.

As you can see, it's all still very much WIP. I sorta 'recycled' some old mini's to form the foundation of the Crusade. Let me know what you think, updates shall follow soon! :D :D

- Jackpet

Interesting conversions, brother. On the first model it'd serve the intention of the marine reaching for ammo if you do two things; firstly the magazine (imho) needs to be removed and secondly his helmet needs to be placed so that he appears more like he's looking over his shoulder, asking for more ammo. It's a difficult action to pull off, really, so you need to be thinking of certain stereotypical images that people think of for the action which you wish to portray.

For the second model, let's be honest, those bullets around his waist are far too small for a bolter. It's a decent idea but the bullet-belt is obviously not meant for space marines as it isn't the right calibre (by quite a large margin). :blink:

Oh yeah, I see.. I will remove the mag! :P

But I dunno, he is meant to sort of walk towards his squad mate, requesting some more ammo.

Yeah, on second glance the bullets do appear rather small :/ let me fix that once I had some sleep :o :D

Will finish off the last two members and fix some stuff up, then post photos of the assembled and undercoated squad! :blink:

now off to snoozyland

Night

-Jackpet

UPDATE

Today the BT shoulder pads I'd ordered came in the mail :)

gallery_65064_6768_1032080.jpg

I also continued work on Brother Auburnus. I am quite happy with how he is coming along. I imagine him to be some kind of 'alpha male' within the squad, hence the bolter conversion and drastic pose:

gallery_65064_6768_1915186.jpg

gallery_65064_6768_1170939.jpg

Now it's time for a shower. Maybe once I am refreshed I will get to writing some fluff :D stay tuned!

-Jackpet

Archived