Jorres Painting

Jorre

Not really a Blood Angels related post but this is a little side project I been working on for a friend. I'm sure he would of liked a Mutilated Blood Angel instead of a Ultra Marine, but I just couldn't bring myself to mutilate a Blood Angel!

gallery_48822_4461_2192985.jpg

I think it's better the marine is not in red - it would have made the piece too uniform colourwise. I only really have one real critique (it's the first thing I noticed, actually) - the marine's arm on the floor seems a bit incongruous, like it has fallen too early. It's nothing game breaking but it is distracting (for me at least). On the flipside the sword is nicely done, looks like it has a hellfire quality to it. B)

Thanks for the feedback!

The only way I can justify the arm already being on the floor is by pretending it's his second swing!

This was probably the most chalanging model I have ever put together as far as the amount of green stuff I needed to use to get the arms on the right angle. The arms and sword angle are not perfectly posed, but when you have sub par green stuff skills sacrifices must be made!

I agree about the arm..

a great and relativly easy fix would be to drill small holes in both side of the arm cut, and attche them together with the thinnest bit of reasonably stiff wire you can fine , I have some metal rods which are about 0.5mm thick..

Moddel it so there is a small gap.. with a blood spray, so it looks like hes just swung straight through the arm..

Otherwise, really awesome model!!

AH

Archived