Sanguinary Guard and Re-Rolls

mustardParty

Stop poking the fire... Or a Mod-melta will ensue. I'm sure there're a couple pointing speculatively at this thread already.

There are.

House ruling this to be done as one batch to save time with 5 rerolls is fine, but RAW each guy rolls seperatly. I know in my SG, sometimes I get 5 rerolls, sometimes 1 or 2 guys hit with every attack and I only get 3-4 rerolls. It can make a difference.

I'm not a Blood Angels player but my best mate and regular gamimng opponent uses Flesh Tearers so i can speak from the perspective of someone who's been on the receiving end of re-rolls. To resolve re-rolls, we simply roll all of the attack dice together and re-roll the allowed number of misses. The most important rule of 40k is that both players enjoy the game and, while it may be strictly in the word of the rules that you roll five lots of dice, it strikes me that the OP's opponent is a poor loser and is afraid of the Sanguinary Guard. Demanding that each model rolls their attacks individually just draws the game out unneccesarily.

This actually makes me laugh! There are 3 of us in our little group, we've all been playing since around 2nd Edition, and we're all old chums, going way back to our early high school days. So we all know each other really well, and part of how we play each other includes riding each other on the rules.

When we play casual games outside of our little circle we are all pretty relaxed on rules and rulings, does that unit make it into combat.. Sure why not! Does this unit have melta range.. Yah close enough! But wen we play each other, man every millimeter of that field gets measured, and assault ranges start getting reeeaally tight, lol - we just don't give eachother any quarter!

Like I said, we wouldn't play anyone else that way, but amongst ourselves it can get a bit competitive, and that's just part of how we play eachother.

The feedback is appreciated though guys, was curious more than anyhing else how others were running them. Sounds like my bud's on solid ground with his claim - oh well :P

A little bit disappointed with the posting quality/tone in this thread. :P

The BA regs need to work a little harder on making visiting members feel welcome, and if theyre incorrect or in disagreement with the general consensus, try find a way to relay the right info without coming off as harsh as we have.

/daddy mode off

Consider this thread overs.

Archived