Second company fluff.Please!

Wicks

Hello,

I have been playing blood angels for a couple of months now.And I decided to play 2nd company which uses yellow (and red obviously)with a little black.

I have one problem. I absolutely know nothing about the company from fighting tactics to captain Aphael(Paticulary what war gear he is armed with) could any one help me out?

Thank again!!

Wicks

Well, he was called Captain Lazarus in 'How to paint Space Marines' but GW are not very good on continuity. Suggests some sort of 'Back from the Dead' experience. In the 40K rulebook there is a big battle-scene which I think used to illustrate the Epic rules. It is reproduced in black and White in our codex. As far as you can see they have the single yellow blood drop of the second company. The captain is in the centre striking a heroic pose. He has a powersword in one hand and an arm-mounted plasma pistol like the SG now have access to on the other, and a pelt of something like a giant snowleopard. Power armour and regular back-pack. I am not saying this is anything like the best load-out for a captain, but my captain Lazarus is equipped in that way with a combination of DC, SG and SM commander bits. The SW accessory sprue has the pelt.

Beyond that, captains have access to lots of gear, so you can write your own fluff to justify the look you think your captain should have.

Well, he was called Captain Lazarus in 'How to paint Space Marines' but GW are not very good on continuity. Suggests some sort of 'Back from the Dead' experience. In the 40K rulebook there is a big battle-scene which I think used to illustrate the Epic rules. It is reproduced in black and White in our codex. As far as you can see they have the single yellow blood drop of the second company. The captain is in the centre striking a heroic pose. He has a powersword in one hand and an arm-mounted plasma pistol like the SG now have access to on the other, and a pelt of something like a giant snowleopard. Power armour and regular back-pack. I am not saying this is anything like the best load-out for a captain, but my captain Lazarus is equipped in that way with a combination of DC, SG and SM commander bits. The SW accessory sprue has the pelt.

Beyond that, captains have access to lots of gear, so you can write your own fluff to justify the look you think your captain should have.

I think it's a plasma gun, underslung his arm not a SG style plasma pistol, but he does have a snow leopard style pelt over one shoulder and a bionic eye if I remember correctly.

Archived