Dante: Librarian or Chaplain?

spec.ops

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think Dante is the stuff and would like to use him one day. But, I don't know what is the best way to employ him when attached to a RAS?

Dante

Priest: JP + IP + PW

RAS: 2x Melta

-SGT: TH/PF + IP

But, to finish this super squad off who should I add to best synergy him and the squad if I could only take one?

Lib: JP + IP w/ PSY SoS + UR

or

Chaplain: JP + IP + Fearless

And, why?

Thanks

I think Dante is the stuff and would like to use him one day. But, I don't know what is the best way to employ him when attached to a RAS?

Dante

Priest: JP + IP + PW

RAS: 2x Melta

-SGT: TH/PF + IP

But, to finish this super squad off who should I add to best synergy him and the squad if I could only take one?

Lib: JP + IP w/ PSY SoS + UR

or

Chaplain: JP + IP + Fearless

And, why?

Thanks

The correct answer is all of the above and none of the above. Dante is a very flexible character, there's no need to "lock" him into one unit or another. That goes for both pre and post deployment. Let the board, mission, your list and the opponents list decide where he goes.

That squad with Dante is already about 525 points. If you add a Chaplin or Libby to the squad that's a lot of points to sink into one unit!

That said I would go the Chaplin, with Dante's hit and run ability you should be charging a lot!

@K&F:

-My Dante list is strictly RAS + no other units, so he is only going to be bouncing from RAS to RAS if need be.

@Jorre:

-I don't know if I could classify my Dante & Friends Squad as a Death Star, but I'm fine with the point sink. Such is the way of SCs.

-So the Fearless ability makes the Hit-&-Run ability better?

Still waiting to see what others choose...I should have made this a poll lol

I wonder if the mods could do anything about that?

@K&F:

-My Dante list is strictly RAS + no other units, so he is only going to be bouncing from RAS to RAS if need be.

@Jorre:

-I don't know if I could classify my Dante & Friends Squad as a Death Star, but I'm fine with the point sink. Such is the way of SCs.

-So the Fearless ability makes the Hit-&-Run ability better?

Still waiting to see what others choose...I should have made this a poll lol

I wonder if the mods could do anything about that?

I think Jorre is suggesting the chaplin with dante combo due to hit and run combined with litanies of hate. Charge ,re-roll, H&R, charge ,re-roll,repeat throughout game... ;)

-CC

I've bought Dante model recently so I'm using him lately quite often.

And similarly I didn't know what setup was the best so I was trying different configuraions.

My observations:

RAS is the best place to put Dante in.

Dante need FC bonus very much, so Sanguinary Priest is nearly mandatory (maybe that is just my poor rolling to wound :huh: ).

Libraran with Shield is very useful, but the power has 6" range so he can join other squad and Dante's unit may still benefit from cover, instead of adding his cost to already pricey unit with Dante (and Sangiuinary Priest).

Reculsiarch has similar purpose as Dante- to add extra punch to a squad so they aren't needed both at the same unit (similarly as with Librarian cost is getting too high).

Of course this is the way I think Dante with other Characters is played best.

You can play it differently and still be satisfied.

I've bought Dante model recently so I'm using him lately quite often.

And similarly I didn't know what setup was the best so I was trying different configuraions.

My observations:

RAS is the best place to put Dante in.

Dante need FC bonus very much, so Sanguinary Priest is nearly mandatory (maybe that is just my poor rolling to wound :angry: ).

Libraran with Shield is very useful, but the power has 6" range so he can join other squad and Dante's unit may still benefit from cover, instead of adding his cost to already pricey unit with Dante (and Sangiuinary Priest).

Reculsiarch has similar purpose as Dante- to add extra punch to a squad so they aren't needed both at the same unit (similarly as with Librarian cost is getting too high).

Of course this is the way I think Dante with other Characters is played best.

You can play it differently and still be satisfied.

I absolutely agree.

dident know that i could vote several but only voted priest to begin with. compared to the other characters hes the cheapest option and he easily pays back his points if he saves some models with FNP :D if you manage to get a charge off then he will proven his merit even more! with dante and a sargeant equipped with a fist theres hardl a need for a further PW/LC/whatever. equip him with a pack and join him with the unit. meatgrinder right there :)

I agree with Demolius. In the scenario from the OP, the Priest is best. He'll be cheaper than the Chaplain, but still give the unit Furious Charge and Feel No Pain.

I tend to run Dante with an HG squad of 4 meltas or 4 plasmas using his precision strike rules. Then I break him off to join either a SG squad (if I am playing with them) so they maximize their bolter shots via hit and run. If there's no SG, then I try to join an assault squad that is running PF/MG/MG and Priest.

Archived