Making special characters 'unforgiven'

Unforgiven2544

Good Evening Fellow Gamers (And a festive holiday season),

I am now the proud owner of the Imperial Armour Badab War books. I've had a chance to flip through and go over some of the more interesting entries, and the list of 'special characters' is pretty impressive. There are little mention of the Dark Angels, or our unforgiven brethren, however.

My idea; would it be feasible to model up some "Unforgiven" versions of these special characters for the Dark Angels and our successor chapters? Could the Captain of the Exorcists 3rd Company become the Captain of the Consecrators 3rd Company? Some might condemn me for 'bastardizing' the fluff, or 'powergaming' but the Unforgiven are the forces I have come to love based on their fluff. But I'd like a chance to expand my options into some slightly more contemporary rules.

Since I have the books, I would definitely be telling my opponent what is what and who is who.

"I'm playing a Codex: Space Marine army. This Terminator Captain is Metatron, he 'counts as' High Commander Culln. <shows opponent the write-up> Is everything in order?"

Basically, I am looking for the modelling opportunities, but still being able to have them look like a coherent part of the Dark Angels/Unforgiven armies I have been building thus far.

What do you think? Should I build 'Unforgiven' versions of these special characters, or should I keep them true to their origins, and hope I can fluff justify why they are on the tabletop next to my Angels of Absolution (Or whatever force I am actually using).

Thank you for your time.

Very Respectfully,

--Unforgiven

Archived