Dumb and Funny Mistakes

dispo39

Dumbest mistake? Consistently forgetting my Red Thirst rolls, regardless of all the reminders I make for myself. Including the huge, bold, all caps RED THIRST notes I add next to each unit in my army lists.

This! I did it again last night, though my opponent graciously allowed me to roll before a charge to contest an objective. I declined, and lost the subsequent assault. Doh! And that was despite writing in mahoooosive letters on my list RED THIRST. Its because my dudes are always in razors, I'll have to pull my socks up because I'm going DoA.

I had a squad of Scouts defending an objective while everything else was busy tying up my opponents Space Wolves. Somehow I failed to notice the large grey dreadnought lumbering along my flank towards my poor scouts. Scouts... meet Bjorn the Fell Handed, Bjorn... meet Scouts. Scouts do NOT do well when assaulted by Bjorn. Sadly... no scouts survived that day.

its turn 5 round 5 of a 2 day tournament . playing on table 7 for being in top 4 . am using a LR rush army . I have 2 objectives to my opponents one . but he has a 5 man and a 4 man tactical in range [no meltas no fist one has a RL the other one a flamer] there is a cpt with a thunder hammer in one . I decided I want to score high and tank shock them . Both pass cpt triest to do death of glory , gets run over . am happy . on my opponents turn he on both sides of both of my LR my opponent declares shoting . I ask "with what ?" and what do I see behind two building flanking the third objectives there are blood claw dreads each . a shoting phase later , am two LR short and my opponent charges . he of course kills 20 meq on the charge [i mean can it be any other way ?] . we get turn 6 he runs to my old objective , ends up with 1 meq on it and with 2 on his old one . Wins with 2 vs 1 . Forgetting that there were 2 melta armed dreads behind 2 buildings was my worse . But to my defense I can only say that the tournament was 1850 and almost always play 1500 so I just didnt feel the lack of 250pts on my opponents side.

I had a squad of Scouts defending an objective while everything else was busy tying up my opponents Space Wolves. Somehow I failed to notice the large grey dreadnought lumbering along my flank towards my poor scouts. Scouts... meet Bjorn the Fell Handed, Bjorn... meet Scouts. Scouts do NOT do well when assaulted by Bjorn. Sadly... no scouts survived that day.

That's not so bad. Essentially your opponent tied up an expensive and strong unit with an inexpensive and weaker unit. Unless this was the turning point of the game, and I'm assuming it was, it wasn't such a big mistake.

Building an all jump pack army, knowing I don't have the skill or enough practice to use it properly. My precious, beautifully modeled and painted Flesh Tearers have never won :(

I wouldn't blame yourself here. All JP armies are quite tactical and may require patience and of course practice.

May the blessings of The Sanguinor find you in your next encounter with the enemies of mankind. :P

I always forget my Red Thirst... I think of all the games I've played I remembered 2-3 times.

Always forget Mephy has that Transfixing Gaze. God that would've been nice against that ridiculous Eldar psycher Eldrad or whatever his name is (that guy is Psycher defense completely OPed, you pretty much lost if you need psych abilities to ever work and Eldar took that guy)

My biggest mistake was my first game with Blood Angels. I didn't know I could cast 3 spells per player turn. Assaulted Mephy into an Orc Boyz unit, got some wounds, took 1. Next turn I missed all but one of my attacks and same thing with the following phase but I think I got 2 hits. Nonetheless, the hidden Power Klaw took him down after 3 turns of mercilessly bashing him. That was awful.

Another mistake though... One time I thought I would try a Librarian instead of Mephiston. That was a mistake.

Archived