DA Books...

Haranin

Well, there are the two short stories "the Call of the Lion" and "Savage Weapons" by Gav Thorpe and ADB respectively. You can find them in the two HH anthologies "Tales of Heresy" and "Age of Darkness". There is also a quite old short story called "The Black Pearl" by Chris Pramas that was published in the Inferno! magazine (was it issue 1?) and maybe it was in other 40k anthologies too - but that's where I recall seeing it.

Well, I (unintentionally) left it out in my initial post. That how impressed I was by it. However it is a book about DAs and the Ork dialogues in the opening chapter are entertaining... Its the sort of book you know you'll eventually read as a DA player no matter what the consensus on it is. So yeah, go get it. it's about DAs. And try telling me Belial is cool after you're done! ;)

I liked the Purging of Kadillus, but even I have to agree that it wasn't as good as it could have been. Belial kind of got hung out to dry by Gav Thorpe. It was nice to get a battle book about our beloved Dark Angels, but after reading it I was left with mixed feelings. A DA novel involving the hunt for the Fallen would be much better in my humble opinion.

All Wolves look the same to me :lol:!

Seconded,now i was thinking of making the kalidus book a present to myself tomorrow,is it not recommended?

Of course you should read it. Several good things happening in the book. I'll not say any more.

I liked Purging of kadillus, even the portrayal of Belial. many people consider it a 'SM only book, not DA at all' but I disagree, i think some of Boreas' thoughts about the fallen and his attitude towards failure and that Assault Sergeant provide unique insight into the mind of our Chapter, as does Belials fear of failure, after all, our shame is all about failure. I think thats the one thing we are scared of: failure.

So, I say get it, read it and enjoy it. However, I do agree Belial should have been more awesome. Still, he can have another series to himself and get uber-awesome then be uber-awesome in the new codex...

Agreed on Purging of Kallidus. Like so many things in life you just have to see for yourself!

Speaking of which, there was another thread somewhere on here that encouraged me to get both descent of angels and fallen angels. I actually liked them for setting the scene, which they were slow to set, but still for background on DA and the Imperium they were good.

Look out for a book next year about the primarchs which will have the Lion in it. A mix of short stories I think.

Archived