Dark Angels Succesor in Astartes Praeses

Cage304

I was reading Dark Creed and a description of the Crimson Scythes marine caught my eye. Described as hooded and standing on his own, pg 75. Could this chapter be an unknown member of the Unforgiven? Any thoughts or comments on this would be appreciated.

I suppose it's still up for interpretation with the very little to go by. In the end, hoods and aloofness do not a Dark Angel make. Though it certainly does seem a nod to as much.

I have not read this book, so I am unsure how the others of the Astartes Praeses are depicted but if I was to simply go by names, I'd think the Knights Unyielding or Brothers Penitent could also be in the running for being Unforgiven successors. Of course that's gross conjecture as well.

What we do know is that the 20 Astartes Praeses Chapters were created from the loyal Primarchs geneseed. So surely one or even two may be of the Lion's ilk.

I suppose it's still up for interpretation with the very little to go by. In the end, hoods and aloofness do not a Dark Angel make.

This,though in the table top i have yet to see one marine army without using our vet box set for the robes.I mean come on just one...please?

EDIT:To the OP.Could be since there is none of the 'official' successors and we need to keep watch on the eye for our...operations...it makes sense to have planted at least a single chapter in there.

I had a similar conundrum while reading the Ciaphas Cain novel For the Emperor with the Redeemers in it. Their terminators fight like our Deathwing with a mixed arsenal (though a later footnote said it was multiple squads) and they are closely linked to the Mechanicum which I would think are an Iron Hands successor but the author could just mix bits and say they are an unknown founding with no idea of their lineage.

I'm not familiar with Dark Creed so couldn't comment – but I thought the Crimson Scythes were a BA Successor (?)

Cheers

I

This fella seemed to come to the same conclusion -

http://gingerwerewolf.wordpress.com/2011/0...nd-colouration/

I wasn't sure if he just sort winged it on what little was known about them.

Hi

Thanks for the link :P

Yep most of it is winged, Ive made sure that I had the stuff from the book verbatim though. I came across them on Lexicanum and then reread various (read one) books about them. The colour Scheme I chose is because the Emperors Scythes (Similar name) are yellow and black, in the same way, and Crimson Scythes had to have crimson in them.

Ive done some thorough searching for more info and they are only mentioned in the book Dark Creed by Anthony Reynolds. Apparently they were invented in an offhand sort of way as he didn't want to use all the names from the Codex: Eye of Terror

Ive put most of that into my Blog posts.

However there is nothing that I could find that specifically said: Blood Angel Successor. That's definitely winged, I just took the Crimson part of the name and in exactly the same way as EPK did, made some assumptions.

Hope this helps

Ah well ... cool blog btw and love the fiat luxe section ;)

Back to square one on the Crimson Scythes then – but I'll stick my neck out and say they don't sound like DA Successors :P

I just had thought that the Praeses Chapters could be a way for the original legions to honor an oath to defend the region from incursions. So it does seem likely that one of the chapters could be a Dark Angels successor with out official word from GW the most we can do is guess. Thank you to everyone for commenting.

Archived