Games Day exclusive figure 2012

DarkMark

I guess I'll be the only one that says "meh" to this...

It's almost as though GW doesn't play the armies they make minis for.

a BA Captain...

NO ONE uses captains in BA armies.

Even if they did, powerfist on said captain... seriously...

I understand the mini can be used for other purposes like Sternguard or Tactical Sarge (again... less than 10% of BA armies include those squads...)

Nostalgically - it's a fantastic mini. The sculpt is also one of the better poses/detailed sculpts I have ever seen. I remember starting 40k in 2nd and seeing the artwork on the box was what inspired me to play BA. The part that screams out for me is that sword scabbard.

It'll make for an interesting mini to collect, but will likely not see much use.

It's almost as though GW doesn't play the armies they make minis for.

a BA Captain...

NO ONE uses captains in BA armies.

Even if they did, powerfist on said captain... seriously...

It'll make for an interesting mini to collect, but will likely not see much use.

the last line says it best... not everyone uses every mini in a game... i use about half, some are out dated some have never seen a battle, i make em cuz they are fun:)

Will be buying 3 for conversion material.

It's a fantastic model and EXACTLY what they should be doing for Games Day's. Finecast is really allowing them to produce some fantastic display pieces, regardless of the casting quality issues.

Obviously it is only of use on the table as a Sergeant. But it will be a fantastic Sergeant!

am i the only one who thinks the model looks like an old cover art from the previous soft cover codex

Dem, it's not the BA Codex, it was the Codex Imperialis book and the old (2ed?) box cover

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_1sx0DvF-kLU/TFa6KQoXD1I/AAAAAAAAAKw/VoeJ97dVO2c/s1600/codex-imperialis.jpg

I wonder if I can convert him...

http://slorker.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/867327-hello_kitty_in_warhammer_40k_super.gif

Is there any information on whether or not you actually have to attend Games Day to get the miniature? I know in years past they have mailed it to me with my ticket. I'll gladly buy a ticket if I get the model in the mail. making it to the event is almost impossible for me, however.

Archived