Deathwatch Army

Surfing Raziel

Here are some pics of the Terminator clad marines in my would-be army.

gallery_59945_6672_1132570.jpg

This is my Salamander Deathwatch Captain, using Forge World's chapter Master of the Astral Claws, Lugft huron's body. He's armed with a Thunder Hammer (this isn't exactly the hammer I wanted so could be changed) and will get Hector Rex's Storm Shield (which is coming soon). He's also missing the Forge World Salamander Sergeant shoulder and a Deathwatch shoulder (again both are on the way).

gallery_59945_6672_1231130.jpg

Now this is my Black Templar Deathwatch Chaplin, using the basic metal torso of the Terminator Chaplain. He's armed with a Crozius, which is the Force Weapon and the Storm Bolter from the Finecast Terminator Librarian, finally the Deathwatch shoulder to finish him.

[gallery_59945_6672_1425173.jpg

The Blood Raven Deathwatch Librarian, using the torso from the from the Finecast Terminator Librarian. The Force Weapon is from a metal Grey Knight and the Storm Bolter is from the Space Wolves Terminator box set (missing the Deathwatch shoulder and possible Chapter shoulder).

gallery_59945_6672_1016558.jpg

Now this is the Space Wolf Sergeant for my Assault Terminator squad, he's totally made up of bitz from the Space Wolves Terminator box set, plus a Deathwatch shoulder.

gallery_59945_6672_179319.jpg

Finally the four man Deathwatch Terminator squad, all are equipped with Lightning Claws. One has a Black Templar shoulder and loincloth, the others are more basically equipped. (I have Terminator shoulders coming for Blood Angels, Ultramarines and Raptors and Deathwatch shoulders).

Well the first load of Forge world stuff came last night via a friend who visited Warhammer world, however there was a problem and my mate lost £10 of the £170 order and dropped the Character upgrade pack. But he did manage to get me the Raven Guard and Red Scorpion upgrade pack a couple of Terminator shoulders (Salamander and Blood Angel) and a few new Elder stuff. I also asked for the new Imperial Armour 11, however currently GW is out of stock everywhere and there is a waiting list, so they took my money anyway and promised to post it. I'm not loving the pay now, receive it later policy. But lets just see shall we.

Anyway here are some more pics, first the Command squad and then the first Tactical squad. There are a few things I'm still waiting on, but I'll brief you as I go.

gallery_59945_6672_1261450.jpg

The first is my Dark Angel, the torso and head were taken from the Dark Angel upgrade box set. The Plasma Pistol came from the Command squad box and so did the Chainsword.

gallery_59945_6672_1138039.jpg

Next is the Blood Angel Apothecary/Sanguinary Priest the Torso is agin take from the Dark Angel upgrade box set and the rest is from the Command squad.

gallery_59945_6672_1070129.jpg

The Ultramarine is wearing the Mk8 Errant armour from a Tactical squad box set and again the rest is from the Command squad (even his Chapter Symbol Shoulder Pad). The Storm Bolter is from the Commander box set and will be switched as I don't have him equipped as so in my current army plan.

gallery_59945_6672_797840.jpg

This Raven Guard is made up of the Sergeant's Torso, Helmet and Shoulder Pad from the Raven Guard Forge World upgrade pack and the rest from the Command and Tactical box sets. This was originally a Space Wolf, however I didn't feel it as much as with this guy.

gallery_59945_6672_5391.jpg

The Last is the Black Templar made from the Black Templar upgrade box set, he's missing his right arm which will be a Black Templar Storm Shield from Forge World and a Meltagun from the Black Templar upgrade box set.

Next is the Deathwatch Tactical squad

gallery_59945_6672_508185.jpg

Here is the whole squad, however this is still waiting for a few items (most have been posted as of today at 10:46). From Left to Right, Iron Hand with Plasma Cannon, Flesh Tearer, Raven Guard, Red Scorpion Sergeant, White Scar, Black Templar with Flamer, Imperial Fist, Space Wolf, Eagle Warrior and Dark Angel.

gallery_59945_6672_771899.jpg

This is a close up of the models which are nearer completion. Again starting from Left to Right, Raven Guard, Black Templar, Red Scorpion Sergeant (he was going to have an older model Bolt Pistol from the Character upgrade pack, but that wasn't bought in the end), Space Wolf and Dark Angel.

I'll post more as I go on, please tell me what you think so far.

A new year a new update, since the last post I've received numerous items in the post to help finish off and add more unique items to the members of my army. I've had metal Blood Angel, White Scar, Imperial/Crimson Fist, Eagle Warriors and a Iron Hands Tactical squad, as well as some eBay won items. I have also upgraded my phone so the picture quality is now a little better than before.

gallery_59945_6672_1110865.jpg

gallery_59945_6672_1106686.jpg

gallery_59945_6672_2643065.jpg

First more pictures of my Salamander Deathwatch Captain. He's had both a Salamander Forge World Shoulder and Deathwatch added, plus you now can see some detail with the better camera.

gallery_59945_6672_2871321.jpg

Again these are the same as before, just with both shoulders and a better camera (still missing one Deathwatch Shoulder).

gallery_59945_6672_2489853.jpg

These aren't just one squad, they are several different guys who I've altered or added Chapter specific items.

First is the Tactical squad Iron Fist with Plasma Cannon, I had to remove his blank plastic Shoulder and replace it, next I'll trim the circle around the symbol. He also has a Helmet with a fist on the forehead. Next an Imperial Fist with Helmet and Backpack, which both again have a fist symbol on them. Another Imperial Fist this time a Devastator, again removing the Shoulder and replacing it, then adding a head. This next one is a Tactical Iron Hands with a Bionic right Eye as part of the Helmet. Another Iron Hands Space Marine, but this time the Sergeant of my Devastators. He's got Bionic Legs, a Iron Hands Torso, a Bionic left arm with Chainsword and Bolt pistol, then finally a Helmetless Head with Bionic left Eye and Devastator Backpack. The Last guy is almost completely made from the Iron Hands Tactical box and is a Sternguard. He has a Bionic Right Leg, a Iron Hands Torso, Bionic Right and Left arms and a Bionic left Eye. The reason I chose him as a Sternguard is because his right Bolter holding arm has no hand, but has the Bolter build into his Arm. I thought if he was just going to shoot things with a Bolter for the rest of his life, what better job is there for him.

gallery_59945_6672_2371534.jpg

Finally we have my Vanguard Veterans, only two at the moment but more to come. They are a Blood Angel and Dark Angel, who both have winged Jump Packs and Plasma Pistols. The Blood Angel carries a Relic Blade while the Dark Angel has a Power Mace/Maul. Both are the start of a five man squad, with another two a Red Scorpion and Raven Guard with Forge World Chapter specific Jump Packs and an Iron Hand Sergeant with Bionic Parts and a Pre- Hersey Forge World Jump Pack.

More coming soon and please tell me what you think.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I've made and painted three out of six Captain/Chapter Master, I still need to touch up, highlight and so on but this is how far I am with the Salamander.

gallery_59945_6672_2104298.jpg

As you can see not finished yet, but I'll link up the rest of my stuff later tonight/tomorrow. Which consists of a Bike squadron with Whit Scar Captain/Chapter Master, Devastator squad, Tactical and Command squad with Ultramarine Captain/Chapter Master.

I was going to finish off the other Captain/Chapter Master's but with the coming of the new edition of 40k, I thought I'd hold back and finish off my basic stuff and leave all heavy, special weapons and so on back until release.

Archived