Emperor's Children Defiler

tyrannosaurus

Just finished my defiler, biggest thing I've ever painted, took me bloody ages but I'm pretty happy with it - tried out some OSL. Drill close combat arm was stolen from some sort of space anime figure, wanted the two CCW's and was the best I could come up with. Let me know what you think.

gallery_50657_6792_1504151.jpg

gallery_50657_6792_2406990.jpg

gallery_50657_6792_1464911.jpg

gallery_50657_6792_1120612.jpg

gallery_50657_6792_863466.jpg

And an attack from an unknown furry xenos [which explains the missing part on the flail]

gallery_50657_6792_281625.jpg

great job on the titan next to the defilier in the last pick, Slannesh will be proud. Oh.. and good pink, and green combo on the deffy.

Lol, Bongo might as well be a titan with how much he stomps my minis - thanks for comments on the painting too :)

bright colors, you silly Chaos lovers...tsk tsk. Joking aside, I like it, colors are unique to me since not many paint bright colors here. I love the kitty head on the back of the drill. The cat addition is new to me, imperial armour rules?

RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!!

Glad you like the pink, I have a love/hate relationship with it, love how it looks when it's finished, hate painting it. Put the kitten head on for laughs, seemed disturbing in a slaaneshy way.

Umm, is it just me or is the name of this topic incredibly offensive? ;)

Great looking model btw, very smooth application of colours.

Lol, a comma doesn't help either - thanks for the kind words.

Defiler looks great. That plastic head is very unnerving in an alluring kind of way :P .

Cheers dude! :D

Is that a cat head on the drill?

Yeah came with the same plastic figure I took the drill from, she came with lots of little tanks with kitten heads and the kitty head fit on the bit where the drill would normally attach to the arm. Seemed quite slaaneshy - enticing you in with the cute kitten then drilling you in the face :cuss

Yours is a drill that will pierce the heavens!

My thoughts exactly!

I love the paintjob on this defiler, such clean, light and fresh colors are something you don't see in chaos-related stuff everyday. Not sure about the blue face but otherwise very cool.

The Drill arm is outstanding. Remember, isn't your drill the one that will pierce the heavens, the earth and through to tomorrow!?

Edit. This defiler needs Kamina shades.

Yours is a drill that will pierce the heavens!

That's a really, really good pink; and a good glow effect on the green parts.

Thanks for the nice comments dude, looked up that quote too, Gurren Lagann right?

The best there is the best there was and the best there ever well be.

Looks great reminds me a lot of brett the "hitman" hart in a good way.

Thanks man, that Hitman Hart reference made me think about doing wrestling in my freind's back garden when I was a kid.

I love the paintjob on this defiler, such clean, light and fresh colors are something you don't see in chaos-related stuff everyday. Not sure about the blue face but otherwise very cool.

The Drill arm is outstanding. Remember, isn't your drill the one that will pierce the heavens, the earth and through to tomorrow!?

Edit. This defiler needs Kamina shades.

Thanks man, I gave it a blue face as the rest of my marines have blue faces. Really glad you like the drill :lol:

Thanks for all the kind words, gave me the motivation to finish my next rhino, pics soon :)

Thanks man, I gave it a blue face as the rest of my marines have blue faces.

Ah! That actually does make sense :) I'm sure that your defiler looks great when coupled with your marines. I can imagine how those blue heads sorta tie the whole army together. Cool!

(offtopic: yeah, that's Gurren Lagann right, or Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann as they call it in Japan. I'll tell you my friend if you ever happen to have time for 27 episodes of pure awesomeness, check that series out. It's quite likely the best anime ever made.)

Archived