WE victories?

Paulochromis

Hi guys,

My son has a heavily Khorne-influenced army and I've just bought him a Land Raider for one of his Berzerker squads to ride in.

Looking to build a Khârn model soon, but for now, we're looking at decorating the Raider with some trophies.

We have the Space Hulk game and will detach the dead terminator from his throne and display him as a lesson to those who continue to worship the false emperor.

We're trying to decide what paint scheme the termie should have, so are looking for info on "famous", post-heresy WE victories (or at least conflicts) again marines.

Cheers, Paul (& Kyle).

Well I don't remember if it was specifically stated to be the World Eaters, but a warband of berzerkers led by Abaddon participated in the famous "slaughter" of Blood Angels at Mackan, that was certainly a victory. Also Kossolax's (WE lord) warband fought the Blood Angels during the 13th Black Crusade, but they didn't really win, it was fairly inconclusive as was the entire campaign. There were also WE warbands on Vraks, they mostly fought Imperial Guard, but also Dark Angels and their successors.

The Blood Angels are kind of the WE's loyalist mirror, but the red trophies will blend in with the red armor of your own tanks, I would suggest Ultramarine or Imperial Fist trophies to give a good contrast, especially since the WE don't have an "official" rival like the Iron Warriors and Imperial Fists.

Yeah, I was thinking blue would be good for contrast, but as I play UM myself, was thinking about some other blue chapter.

My other son plays Dark Angels (although his DW army is only primed black at this stage - I'm trying to convince him that UM 1st Co is the best paint scheme).

The LR is probably going to be purple (the army is the Extinction Angels) with significant amounts of red.

I think the yellow for IF might show up rather well. Might try some yellow BA vet helmets as well. Thanks!

Cheers, Paul.

Yeah, I was thinking blue would be good for contrast, but as I play UM myself, was thinking about some other blue chapter.

My other son plays Dark Angels (although his DW army is only primed black at this stage - I'm trying to convince him that UM 1st Co is the best paint scheme).

The LR is probably going to be purple (the army is the Extinction Angels) with significant amounts of red.

I think the yellow for IF might show up rather well. Might try some yellow BA vet helmets as well. Thanks!

Cheers, Paul.

Anyone who fought in the first war of Armageddon...

Also don't try and trick your son into painting his space marines as UMs... Making up stuff like Santa (or UMs 1st company having the best paint scheme) only causes them to have issues in later life and possibly an army of smurfs which are infinitely inferior to the first and greatest.

Yeah but at least that way only one of his sons would be playing traitors. Oh and Extinction Angels have nothing to do with the World Eaters as far as I know so not sure why the WE victories even concern you, but don't let me dissuade you from using Imperial Fists trophies, good to thin the herd.

The Khornate component of the army is two squads of berzerkers, still in their red/gold WE livery.

Our fluff is that they hooked up with the Extinction Angels because they are led by a Khornate DP.

Either they brought their Land Raider with them (so red), or are using one of the Angels' (so purple).

If it's one they brought with them, then trophies from their time as WE could be displayed.

I've seen very little fluff for the Extinction Angels, that's one of the reasons we chose them.

Cheers.

Archived