Astral Claws by Alex567

alex567

Hey, Alex here,

Astral Claws

Here I will document the construction and growth of my Astral Claws army, and also compile a list of all the stuff I have for them (and hopefuly some pics aswell) on the main page.

Note:

Each character will be getting personal finished photo's and a highly indepth discription, which will be collated over time, but this does not all happen so please be patient and wait for updates!

Collection so far:

HQ:

Chapter master (Requires painting)

Model: My chapter master model is equiped with a relic blade and a storm shield. He also has a grey knight chest piece and a grey knight left shoulder pad, his right is an astral claws shoulder pad.

Fluff: He is second in command of the tyrants legion, he follows the tyrants orders and make's sure that they are followed through, he is also the captain of the retaliator's, he is followed around by a squad of 4 retaliators equiped with relic blade's, and rides in the "badab inferno" which is his personal land raider.

Rules: the reason for the chapter master position is because I am using the marine codex, and would like to use an honour guard squad but alass you need a chapter master for that, so here he is. He will be kicking about in the land raider redeemer, with a 3-4 man honour guard squad.

Honour guard (requires construction)

Captain (Requires painting)

Model: Oh captain, My captain!, is equiped with a power fist and a storm bolter, He will have two Astral Claws shoulder pads

Fluff: At this moment in time he is commanding the 2nd company, of the tyrants legion, his command squad was hand picked by *Insert name here* and consists of the best 4 marines currently residing in the 2nd company, and one of the best of the many corpse takers through out the tyrant's legion.

Rules: I see it as the tyrants legion needed commanders, and that since Huron was following the codex he also used leaders similar to capatins to command each segment of the tyrants legion, theoreticaly their are no companies, but I think that each 100 astartes would have been organised under a centurian commader, so captain *Is the centurian for the second company which he has been unoficialy alloted by Huron

Command squad (Requires painting)

Elites:

Contemptor pattern dreadnought (Requires painting)

Ironclad/Venerable dreadnought (Requires painting)

Ironclad/Venerable dreadnought (Requires painting)

Troops:

Tactical squad (Requires painting)

Tactical squad (Requires construction)

Tactical squad (Requires conversion)

Tactical squad (Requires conversion)

Scout squad (Requires construction)

Fast Attack:

Land speeder storm (Requires painting)

Land speeder storm (Requires construction)

Heavy Support:

Land raider redeemer (Requires painting)

Land raider crusader (Requires painting)

Predator (Requires painting)

Hey, Alex here, to kick start my army for chrismas I gained two Space Marine megaforces, a contemptor pattern dreadnought, forge world dread hurricaine bolter, forge world dread seismic hammer, astral claw land raider doors, brassed etched imperial eagles, citadel basing kit, 60 astral claws shoulder pads, 40 tactical 2 shoulder pads, some hobby tools, a paint station +, brown figure case, some other things, also I got an airbrush!!!

For my first update I have made the captain, the chapter master is under construction, the command squad is finished until after painting, then I will glue the back packs on, the honour guard need building, all 3 dreads are finished, just need a slap of paint, 4 of the tactical squads aint built yet are older models from a different army that were'nt painted and so will need shoulder pads and a lick of paint, the scouts are started but again need painting before finishing gluing, one storm is finished but needs painting ( with unspraied removable scouts), the other needs building, I have built and converted (I feel quite well) a command raider redeemer, with extra armour plastic card and the land raider doors.

Chapter master:

Model: this man has a relic blade and needs a storm shield, any one know where to get a cool storm shield, I tried making an astral claws logo shield outa plastic card but need to learn how to cut plasticard better, might need thinner plasticard because my hobby blade wont cut through it. Also should I give him a heavy flammer and use him as vulkan hestan?

Fluff: Ok so I know lugft Huron/Chapter master, the idea behind him is that he is the overall commander of the tyrants legion, he follows the tyrants orders and make's sure that they are followed through, he is also the master retaliator, in his squad of "relic blade wielding" retaliators, they are actualy power weapons but will be relicblade look alikes, the chapter master has a relic blade and will also have a storm shield, He is unammed at the moment, so feel free to help me name him.

Rules: the reason for the chapter master position is because I am using the marine codex, and would like to use an honour guard squad but alass you need a chapter master for that, so here he is. He will be kicking about in the land raider redeemer also unammed with a 3-4 man honour guard squad, the 5th model will be an apothecary/geneseed steeler mabob objecive marker for the july? tournament next year...

where my astral claws will be making an appearance, if any one else is going hope to see you their and good luck (you'll need it! JOKING!!! :lol:), more info on the rest of the models, I will also be writing fluff for my guys alot like nurgling666 if he doesnt mind, if you havent seen his models, they are gorgeous and made me want to do my astral claws army that I am now doing, thanks!, any how if I dont post beetween now and midnight have a hapy new year everyone! May it be filled with joy and frivolous plethoras spending! Happy Blogging!

P.s. Pictures will come soon.

Hey, Alex here, to kick start my army for chrismas I gained two Space Marine megaforces, a contemptor pattern dreadnought, forge world dread hurricaine bolter, forge world dread seismic hammer, astral claw land raider doors, brassed etched imperial eagles, citadel basing kit, 60 astral claws shoulder pads, 40 tactical 2 shoulder pads, some hobby tools, a paint station +, brown figure case, some other things, also I got an airbrush!!!

Blimey poor Santa must have put a trailer on the sledge for all that GW goodness! :P

Goood luck keeping the creative juices flowing to get through your army list too...

And I will also follow this thread with interest as I have my own Astral Claws thread running here: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=240507

Hey, Alex here, ok so ive got 30 or so of the tactical marines built, just need to prime em', paint em', glue the bolters on, and base em' then their all done, and that will be a nice chunk complete, all then ive got to do is another ten marines and that will be the core of my army complete, tried my first doubles game today, lost, quite badly, my ally did quite well, but as per usual my bad dice rollings brought the side down! But I do feel the army is coming along nicely, gonna change the blue I use to a richer darker blue, and need to get some pics up! I have the pics but this computer doesnt support sd cards so will need to borrow my mother's laptop to upload the! So hopefuly pictures by the end of next week!

P.s. I bought me a predator!

Archived