Project - Crimson Fist Army

Captain Perseus

Hey Everyone,

I am currently working on a Crimson Fists army and this is my first semi-completed tactical squad. Below are some pictures (a group shot and some random close ups), let me know what you guys think. Next up is an assault squad, command squad, Pedro Kantor, a Dreadnought, a Rhino, Razorback, and a Predator.

Tactical group shot:

gallery_42738_6795_333286.png

Sgt front close up (not sure if i should have done the veteran red helmet):

gallery_42738_6795_176792.png

SM Bolter front close up:

gallery_42738_6795_332880.png

SM Bolter left side close up:

gallery_42738_6795_94121.png

SM Missile back close up:

gallery_42738_6795_311375.png

I look forward to some feedback.

^ Was going to suggest the same thing about the glossy look. A bit too… shiny for my liking, but the blue itself is a good one. How did you get that?

I’ve got lots of Crimson Fists that I have tried different techniques out on. The ones I liked I can’t even remember how I did! I need to focus on finishing the army properly. I have Pedro Kantor too but I’ve not even pieced him together as yet, let alone started painting him.

Good luck with this, man, and keep us updated!

Thanks for the feedback. I felt the same about the glossy varnish, however its starting to grow on me now. I was originally looking for a matte varnish but i could not find one (at least from GW). How would you guys recommend getting a matte finish and also having the protection of the varnish?

Below are the steps i preformed to get the blue:

• Prime Black
  • Painted Regal Blue
  • Wash w/ watered down Chaos Black
  • Highlight w/ 50/50 Regal Blue/Ice Blue
  • Highlight w/Ice Blue | Edge w/Space Wolves Grey

Perhaps a tip for the glossyness:

I use Gloss Varnish on my models my self as well (the Vallejo Variant). Gloss Varnish gives a better protection then Matt does, but I don't like the shiny look. So I go over the model one more time with a Matt Varnish Spray (from Armypainter).

Gives very good protection of the Gloss, while the Matt finish gives the model it's 'original' look back. You might want to try it as well ^_^

Archived