Scouts

Sky Hunter

Absolutely! I use a squad of around 6 or 7 with sniper rifles and camo cloaks. Maybe a missile launcher if I have the points. This unit will sit tight on an objective or other elevated terrain feature with good LOS and harass enemy units. When paired with a priest in heavy cover you have a very tough unit that attracts fire away from the other important units in your force.

I think one of the most overlooked options for a scout squad is the combi-melta/melta bombs on the sarge.

I have used a 5 man sqd with sniper rifles and missle launcher, and had the sarge carry combi-melta/melta bombs WITH a sniper rifle. This set up lets you infiltrate and then scout move AND still fire all of your heavy weapons. I can't tell you how many times people drive right by these guys and give me a RA shot.

The melta bombs are there if you have the points left over, or you feel you will get the opportuinty to assault a vechile that hasn't moved.

The only problem with this set-up is you MUST WYSIWYG the combit melta/melta bombs on the sarge... otherwise people feel that you may be being shady ;) .

I have used this set-up against my IG buddy to turn one alpha strike some of his armour. Whenever I play him now, he always has a footslogging sqd surrounding his armour.

Archived