Unforgiven combined arms army

ScottHowden

Hello there all,

i have been lurking here for some time now and I have decided to make my presence felt finally.

i was a collector of the DA many years ago during 2nd edition and as i grew older and discovered beer and women I lost interest in this "geeky" activity, but now as i am mature (like a fine cheese) i have re discovered the delights of collecting again, and after I got to 7k of Orks I have decided to go back to my roots and collect the 1st legion all over again.

I started with just getting 1500 points of Ravenwing/Deathwing at 1st then when I got the mega-force recently I couldn't decide what to do with the tac, assault and devastator squads i have sat primed and still to paint. Then I took a longer look at the codex and saw my solution, each squad will be a member of one of the other unforgiven chapters to signify a huge combined force of the unforgiven hunting the fallen. It also helps to be able to tell each squad apart.

Here is my plan atm:

Assault Squad - Guardians of the Covenant

1st Devastator - Consecrators

2nd Devastator - Dark Angels

1st Tac - Dark Angels

2nd Tac - Angels of Absolution

3rd Tac - Angels of Vengeance

1st Veterans - Guardians of the Covenant (I love the red robes on silver armour)

2nd Veterans - Dark Angels

2 Deathwing assault terminator Squads (one command for Belial)

1 Deathwing Tac Terminator Squad

2 Ravenwing Squadrons

and 1 Tac Terminator squad to build who will be Disciples of Caliban

I have a few other odds and sods (command squad, Predators etc) that will all be Dark Angels to signify that they are the leaders and support of this motley crew and all the Rhino's and Razorbacks will be in the proper colours for each squad, but I am stuck for what to do my 4th Tac squad as I want them to be different from the other units but I don't trust my ability to paint to be able to do them as Angels of Redemption as I would like to do. has anyone got any suggestions on a way to do them in an easy way to a decent standard.

I will post some pics of my progress at some point when I remember to do it when its light outside.

Yeas I really like the idea of a crusading Unforgiven force. On the practical side it means you won't get too bored with painting a lot of just one colour scheme all the time :lol:. Sounds like a great project for 2012. Best of luck and remember: pics or it didn't happen.

I say it's a graet idea! I myself am toying with the combined force idea build around the Disciples of Caliban (DW and the backbone of the Greenwing) with the RW coming from Consecrators (along with some other goodies) and the Ironwing will eventually come from GotC. So yeah, Unforgiven FTW!!!

On the 4th Tac that you are asking I'd say take the opportunity and try out the Angels of Redemption scheme. I bet you'll find it easier than you'd think. And it is one of the most impressive combinations in the game! It's just one squad, what ya have to lose? If you really don't want to try it out then I suggest do another GotC - since you like the red robes -I agree with you it is a very striking combo visually!

Archived