[Artwork]Angron

Colrouphobic

I have been posting updates of some of my works in the works in progress part of the forum. Here is something from there that is completed.

http://studiocolrouphobia.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/angron21.jpg

"It was easy to see why others believed Angron always looked on the edge of fury. In truth, he looked like a man struggling to concentrate through epileptic agony. Lorgar hated the bleak, crude bastard, but it was hard not to admire his unbreakable endurance."

Someone posted the above quote from Aurelian somewhere on the net, possibly in a note or a chat or something, I haven't had a chance to read the book because I don't own a copy, but I found this quote very fitting.

Epic, but what the hell is with the duck? Ruined the mood altogether.

Unless I'm much mistaken, the duck is in every/most of the artist's pieces to show that they're his. A type of signature, if you want.

Ludovic

Epic. Can't say any more than that.

You have managed to make him look like he is fighting for control. Not the crazed monster he is portrayed as in most art.

Well done.

You give him a lot of depth of character with that piece of art. Well done

Ludovic

Flawless. Just perfect.

Cheers guys!

I love the duck chain hanging off his axe. Seriously, great piece though.

Yeah, theres a story to that...

Do you realize you just cost me a cr@pload of money?Another Pre Heresy army it is then.Thanks for pushing me off the edge for World Eaters mate.

Sorry. I wish I could have eviscerated you off that cliff...

Yeah, like said: there is a story to that.

Unless I'm much mistaken, the duck is in every/most of the artist's pieces to show that they're his. A type of signature, if you want.

Ludovic

And thats the story. Sometimes its visible sometimes not. In this case it wont be as visible in print as on screen. But still...

You have managed to make him look like he is fighting for control. Not the crazed monster he is portrayed as in most art.

Well done.

I second this! So well done

Thanks. That was the idea ;)

Love it.

Really, there's nothing to say here except ditto to all the above. Well done.

Thank you.

Glad to see the final product after watching the work in progress. It's damned good, brother. :huh:

Glad you like the final product. I suspected a whole lot of ppl NOT to like it so Im glad to have made atleast some happy with it.

Cheers guys!

Great work. It is just simply amazing, and somehow he doesn't look like a blood thirsty monster, but he just has to be a bloodthirsty monster, if you see what I mean.

And I quite like the duck... I could imagine Angron sitting the bath with his duck "Little ducky, little ducky. You are so amazing little ducky. I love you little ducky. Ducky you tell me to kill things. Duck I kill you!" What a sweet child.

Superb,

My only critique is that his head appeared to be floating at first glance.

That comes from the shiny inside of his armour :tu:

Seriously though, I wanted to get the same sensation as with the older images of Horus. With glowing interiours of the armour, reflected by their relation to the Emperor as well as some glow (eyes and inside of armour) from the beginning stages of altering into a DemonPrince, which I always thought was a more gradual shift in the Primarchs that fell from grace.

As ADB said, flawless.

And I even failed to see that ADB said that. Damn acronym-names!

I am humbled by the words of the man who spoke the description of Angron.

Speechless, absolutely speechless. Like the others said, the depth you've given him, that agony, amazing.

Thank you.

Top notch, mate. Odd to say it, but very soulful. And I love the lorica-style pauldrons.

Cheers, I wanted soulful so thats good. It was important for me to get the Gladiator-link obvious (albeit not consciously to all) in the image, hence the lorica-pauldrons. Even though it wasnt really that much gladiator, it was roman, roman had gladiators and so on..

Just a sec, gotta pick my jaw up off of the floor! Amazing work!! I hope you do a few more Primarchs!

I'm doing them all. Go check out studiocolrouphobia.net for more sketches and colourpasses of future primarchs to come.

Great work. It is just simply amazing, and somehow he doesn't look like a blood thirsty monster, but he just has to be a bloodthirsty monster, if you see what I mean.

And I quite like the duck... I could imagine Angron sitting the bath with his duck "Little ducky, little ducky. You are so amazing little ducky. I love you little ducky. Ducky you tell me to kill things. Duck I kill you!" What a sweet child.

"Rubber Ducky, you're the one!

You make slaughtertime lots of fun!

Rubber Ducky I'm awfully fond of you!

(Who wo bee doo)"

Somehow I doubt he had a happy childhood...

Archived