Tooling up a Greenwing Sergeant

Vexicus

Hail Brothers and Sisters,

I have been thinking about my Greenwing Sergeants recently and have decided to make a few more models to use as Sergeants but I am havin trouble deciding how to equip them. I have two Tactical Squads at the moment and both the Sergeants are as plain as you like. I was wondering what in your experance works well. I have all the special weapons to choose from (i.e Plasma, Melta Gun and Flame Thrower) as well as Heavy Weapons. So how do you do yours?

Many Thanks

Vex

Equip him at least with power weapon, or at very least give him melta bombs. The best choice however is power fist, so you could beat into dust Deamon Prince, almost any tank, any walker and wipe out tyranid warriors or bigger monsters like fex. (Avoid assaults with mawloc-trygon though). 2 attacks give you a better chance to hit, and you only fail at 1 on to wound roll due to immence power. :lol: Damn, I like powerfists. My own humble 3rd squad sergeant brought down one deamon prince, carnifex and a brood of tyranid warriors. The whole tac squad act as wound counter for sergeant with rare successful wounds inflicted.

If he's in a 5 man squad, or he is going to be combat squaded off I would be tempted to equip the Sgt with a power-sword and melta-bombs. The smaller squads need the power weapon in action quickly and lack the ablative wounds of the larger squads to ensure a powerfist will still be alive come Init1.

In a 10 man squad then the Powerfist is the way to go, the Sgt’s 2A means it's not a power melee unit but it can engage most targets and be in with a chance.

I tend to leave them with a bolt pistol (even if they have a powerfist, but that's just because I built the models before 5th ed). It is very rare for me to upgrade the firearm, but I do like the aesthetic of a plasma pistol!

I like boltpistols, power swords, and meltabombs...it's cheaper than a fist, has more swings, virtually autopens all vehicles...and some of the time, a power sword swings before the enemy instead of after. I have other things to deal with what a power sword can't. Plus, it drives me crazy that a power armored marine with a fist costs more than a terminator!

Archived